Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   "Precision aim mode" for logitech mice? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/37921-precision-aim-mode-logitech-mice.html)

blaze_125 November 12, 2010 12:17 PM

"Precision aim mode" for logitech mice?

As anyone found a way to replicate the "Precision aim mode" offered on the R.A.T mice with a Logitech mouse?

The principle is pretty basic, but I wasn't able to find any information to make it happen.
On button down - Lower DPI to value X
On button up -Go back to original DPI value

The Setpoint macro software doesn't track DPI changes when you create a macro...

G500 is the mouse I have if it makes a difference.

LarkStarr November 12, 2010 12:40 PM

my g5 does that fine... out of the box.

useless post is useless? that's really all I got.

blaze_125 November 12, 2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarkStarr (Post 449453)
my g5 does that fine... out of the box.

useless post is useless? that's really all I got.

No it does not.
Useless response is useless.

Your G5 has a button to increase, and a button to decrease.
It doesn't have the ability to do both actions(on the same button) out of the box. If it does... why don't you share the knowledge instead of posting a useless post and try to make me look like a tard?

SugarJ November 12, 2010 01:24 PM

Keep your responses civil folks, and if you don't know the answer, don't post a reply please.

LarkStarr November 12, 2010 01:47 PM

nono you misunderstood, I was calling *my* post useless. I was in the midst of trying to research how it does that (via software on the computer? or the mouse itself?) and I got preoccupied, sorry for the misunderstanding!

I'm just more surprised a G500 couldn't do that out of the box as well, as least with the right software settings. (and as per below as well.)

-apologies!

Deeival November 12, 2010 01:47 PM

Check this: Newegg.com - Logitech G500 10 Buttons Dual-mode Scroll Wheel USB Wired Laser 5700 dpi Gaming Mouse

Quote:

On-The-Fly Sensitivity Adjustment The Logitech G500 features On-The-Fly sensitivity adjustment that provides instant access to switching sensitivity settings without requiring driver installation. Shift from pixel-precise targeting to fast-twitch maneuvers without pauses of the action.
Are you hitting the correct button on the mouse?

With my MX518 I can see the difference in dpi quite easily in windows. Never had to install any Logitech drivers.

blaze_125 November 12, 2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarkStarr (Post 449501)
nono you misunderstood, I was calling *my* post useless. it the midst of trying to research how it does that (via software on the computer? or the mouse itself?) and I got preoccupied, sorry for the misunderstanding!

I'm just more surprised a G500 couldn't do that out of the box as well, as least with the right software settings.

-apologies!

:thumb:

Deeival
On-The-Fly switching is different than what I'm trying to achieve.
On the fly switching: you got 2 different buttons on the mouse. 1 is binded to lower sensitivity, 1 is binded to raise sensitivity.

I'm trying to do both actions with 1 button.

On the fly switching: Click button 1, DPI goes up 1 level. Click button 2, DPI goes down 1 level

What I want to do: While Button 1 is pressed, lower DPI 1 level. Once Button 1 is released, raise DPI 1 level. Just like the R.A.T mouse does.

Lets put this in a gaming situation.
You're leaning over a wall with a sniper riffle. You get your crossair next to someone's head and you want to slow down your motion.

With On The Fly switching, you have to press Button 1, finish aiming, take your shot, then press Button 2 to get back to your usual DPI setting. Oh and make sure nobody headshots you while you're looking for that Button2.

With my intentions: You're leaning over the same wall, get your crossair next to someone head and press button 1(and keep it pressed), finish aiming, take your shot, release button1 and bam. You're ready to go hunting again.

Quote:

Newegg.ca - Saitek CCB437080002/04/1 Black USB Wired Laser 5600 dpi Cyborg R.A.T. 7 Gaming Mouse
Precision Aim Mode
Hit your target the first time every time. Use the ST Programming Software to set your desired Precision Aim speed (mouse sensitivity), then hold down the Precision Aim button to slow down mouse movement to a level that works for you. A deadly weapon that will hit your enemy where it hurts

Deeival November 12, 2010 03:35 PM

I see.

Try AutoHotkey: AutoHotkey - Free Mouse and Keyboard Macro Program with Hotkeys and AutoText

Shozzking November 13, 2010 09:43 PM

I believe that you can switch what each button on the mouse does with the logitech mice. You could try changing the DPI buttons to the side buttons on the mouse, that would make them easier to get to.

SugarJ November 13, 2010 09:51 PM

But what the OP is looking for is a toggle function for DPI. i.e. it's set to say 1500 DPI all the time, unless he's holding down a specific button, when it's set to 3000