Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 13, 2010, 10:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
But what the OP is looking for is a toggle function for DPI. i.e. it's set to say 1500 DPI all the time, unless he's holding down a specific button, when it's set to 3000
X2, basically a button that only changes the DPI while being pushed. Personally I just use my DPI adjuster on my G9, but the only situation I do this for is flying a UAV in BC2 (so I have a few seconds to do it, no rush). Having a quick toggle would be nice for the odd scenario I suppose. If it were an intuitive reaction I could see it working well :)
Old November 13, 2010, 10:26 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
X2, basically a button that only changes the DPI while being pushed. Personally I just use my DPI adjuster on my G9, but the only situation I do this for is flying a UAV in BC2 (so I have a few seconds to do it, no rush). Having a quick toggle would be nice for the odd scenario I suppose. If it were an intuitive reaction I could see it working well :)
Is there any way to make it a toggle if you only have 2 DPI settings on the mouse?
Old November 14, 2010, 09:38 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shozzking View Post
Is there any way to make it a toggle if you only have 2 DPI settings on the mouse?
I was actually going to mention this, in the setpoint software you can have anywhere between one and five DPI settings. So pick the two that you want then use the DPI switch buttons on the mouse to go between the two.
Old November 14, 2010, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I was actually going to mention this, in the setpoint software you can have anywhere between one and five DPI settings. So pick the two that you want then use the DPI switch buttons on the mouse to go between the two.
That would work, but you'd have to hit the other button to go back. I suppose it depends on what game you are playing whether this would be a good enough solution. I never hit my DPI buttons in an FPS game mid fight, I'd die :(
Old November 15, 2010, 08:11 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
I never hit my DPI buttons in an FPS game mid fight, I'd die :(
Exacly. In most FPS games, you don't have enough time to start clicking buttons to slow down or speed up the mouse.

I'm afraid of using AutoHotKey because many games will boot you off for "cheating" when you use it.
I have a Razer Naga on order, maybe it'll have the option I'm looking for. If it doesn't I guess I'll have to go for the R.A.T mouse, or bite the bullet and try not to get banned using AutoHotKey.
Old November 15, 2010, 10:09 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze_125 View Post
Exacly. In most FPS games, you don't have enough time to start clicking buttons to slow down or speed up the mouse.
But isn't that exactly what you mentioned in the OP? A button to switch between two DPi settings (essentially)
Old November 15, 2010, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think if it was one button, and you wanted to line up that perfect sniper shot, or if you're tanking and want to be able to make that extra precision, you could definitely benefit from a one button slow down. It definitely wouldn't work in an up close fire fight, but the more slow paced FPS stuff could benefit from it.
Old November 16, 2010, 07:14 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
But isn't that exactly what you mentioned in the OP? A button to switch between two DPi settings (essentially)
Yes. A button, instead of 2.