Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Gaming mouse (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/36949-gaming-mouse.html)

micul October 10, 2010 06:41 AM

Gaming mouse

Hello

My G9 is dead , and i want to replace it. I have a CM Sentinel to but i don't like it. Canada Computers have the Razer Imperator for 69.99$.
It is a good choice or what other options do i have?

Zero82z October 10, 2010 09:51 AM

Alienware TactX Mouse Product Details

$50 right now. I wouldn't touch any Razer laser mice since they all use the problematic Twin-Eye sensor. If you liked your G9 then you'll probably love the TactX.

encorp October 10, 2010 12:15 PM

I've been demoing Logitech's two newest mice for the last 6 months and I'm really impressed.

There is a new G9 out (or it will be soon?) and the G700 is outright amazing.

Wireless Gaming Mouse G700

Zero82z October 10, 2010 12:25 PM

Actually, another option would be to just RMA your G9 if you still can. If it's covered, Logitech will just give you a G9x as a replacement and you won't have to pay anything.
Quote:

Originally Posted by encorp (Post 437459)
I've been demoing Logitech's two newest mice for the last 6 months and I'm really impressed.

There is a new G9 out (or it will be soon?) and the G700 is outright amazing.

Wireless Gaming Mouse G700

New G9? What's different about it? Or are you under NDA?

chrisk October 10, 2010 01:01 PM

G500 can be had refurbished at Canada Computers for $40.

encorp October 10, 2010 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero82z (Post 437463)
Actually, another option would be to just RMA your G9 if you still can. If it's covered, Logitech will just give you a G9x as a replacement and you won't have to pay anything.

New G9? What's different about it? Or are you under NDA?

Naw, no NDA.

G9x Laser Mouse

G9x.

They fixed the issue with the "comfort" grip peeling after use. You can get it with a nice silver grip etc.

Now the one I have has an extra two buttons, it doesn't show that it does in that link but as far I knew they were trying to add a couple more to the G9. but maybe they took that out in the release version? I'd have to look into that.

The grips are a lot nicer now, I had major complaints before with one of them and I had to help people get replacements for it.

The pads are upgraded too, it slides smoother than the other G9's I have (And I have like 20 so I know that it's not just that my current ones are worn.)

I had very few complaints this time around. I'm currently using it over the G700, probably just because it's what I'm used to.

Zero82z October 10, 2010 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by encorp (Post 437473)
Naw, no NDA.

G9x Laser Mouse

G9x.

The G9x has actually been out for around a year and a half. The release version is physically identical to the G9 except it has a higher-resolution sensor.

Jackquelegs October 10, 2010 05:18 PM

Stay away from the imperator, it SUCKS.

G700 is my choice. I'm using one right now and it's phenomenal :thumb:

If the wireless is too expensive for you, a G500 is another good choice

encorp October 10, 2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero82z (Post 437497)
The G9x has actually been out for around a year and a half. The release version is physically identical to the G9 except it has a higher-resolution sensor.

Hahaha has it been that long? I've had a couple since.. yeah I guess it would be the winter before last now that I think about it.

lcdguy October 10, 2010 07:21 PM

i was never a huge fan of wireless mice so i love the G5.