Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 11, 2010, 12:38 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

The Logitech G700 is wired or wireless your choice, It also uses a Sanyo Eneloop rechargable battery which is nice.

I just picked up the G700 today and have only been using it for a couple hours, I like the way the mouse feels in my hand, the G buttons are also nice. 5700 dpi also.

I also own the Logitech G500 and I liked the changeable weights, 5700 DPI and the nylon braided cord. The mouse was a little too big for my hands which is one reason i like the G700 over the G500, but the G700 doesn't have a nylon braided cord... I guess because its wireless or wired.

I also have a SteelSeries XAI wired mouse and I love it because it feels like one of the original Microsoft mice i owned 6-7 years ago, it is super comfortable to use and it has the braided nylon cord so it never tangles or feels like its caught on something.
Old October 11, 2010, 05:38 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Another vote here for the G9X. I've had mine for about 6 months and love it. Before that I also had the first gen G9 and can confirm the G9X is identical in every way with the addition of the higher res laser.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old October 13, 2010, 07:01 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

A personal opinion - the Microsoft Sidewinder.
On paper it's not as good as the Logitech ones, but the difference won't be noticeable unless you play on an 42" screen and up, and for me it's the most comfortable mouse BY FAR.
Old October 13, 2010, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

How much are you looking to spend on your mouse? Before I got my G9, I had a SteelSeries Kinzu which was actually very good. I bought it for just $15 and it's one of the best mouses I've ever used in terms of comfort and while gaming. It lacks extra buttons though being a basic 3 button mouse.

Kinda off-topic but my G9's scroll wheel is absolutely PAINFUL for me to use! I'm not sure if the G9x is different but seriously my fingers want to cry everytime I start scrolling with it lol.
Old October 13, 2010, 11:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i don't think you'd be disappointed by a Razor product. I bought my first Razor last month and don't regret it.
Old October 14, 2010, 03:47 AM
Rookie

I'm thinking of getting a r.a.t. 7
Old October 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I really like my Razer Lachesis, best mouse I've ever had (I'm a Lefty).

Another Guy From Canada
Old October 14, 2010, 01:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Two of my friends have the R.A.T 7, they have no complaints.
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old October 14, 2010, 06:06 PM
Rookie

Any reason you wouldn't just get another. I have a g9 and g9x and I really don't think there's enough of a difference to me to justify getting the G9X.
Old October 14, 2010, 09:10 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Personal opinion: Bought a CM Inferno and its the best mouse i have ever owned in terms of gaming, build quality and comfort (i have medium sized hands)

I also had the sidewinder series, death adder and the G9

Best thing is to try before you buy and read user reviews (not affiliate reviews)

I find that you know within the first 5 minutes of using it if you love it rather than trying to make a mouse grow on you

Good luck!

-M