Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2010, 01:58 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Trendnet TEW-671BR dual band router can't see second network.

So I recently purchased a new router. It is a Trendnet TEW 671BR dual channel. It is supposed to be able to run two networks one at 2.4GHZ the other at 5 GHZ. I followed the setup wizard which led me through the process of setting up a wireless network and I followed the same steps for both networks. One I labled TheNet(2.4GHZ) the other TheNet2(5.4ghz).

Only the 2.4GHZ network shows up on my wireless devices as availible for connection. So I double checked settings for the second network and ensured that radio was on so in the settings it looks like it's good to go, every box is the same as the 2.4ghz network.

Not finding much help on google or their website so thought I'd see what you guys have to say cause I'm getting nowhere on my own.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg

Old October 3, 2010, 02:01 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Something I noticed on the router itself is the 2.4ghz light indicator is blinking indicating activity but the 5.4ghz light is just solidly lit and shows not activity.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/nightwarp/R7YQuMGt-JI/AAAAAAAADoQ/KVuthG6qJfE/s400/Supportourtroops-2.jpg