Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2010, 05:25 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewtoy0 View Post
I have the CM Sentinel. I am a victim of the horrible lift off and tracking issues. The Phillips Twin Eye sensor often proves problematic in these areas. I have tried 2 White Ceramic tiles, a white and black Steel Series I2, a Steel Series QCK and a Steel Series 4HD mousepad with it...none of which solve the problems.
I also own the CM Sentinel and have the same issue with the 4HD Mousepad. I have resorted to using my table top now, even though it's bad for the feet.

Something to note as well, the side buttons and the scroll wheel button takes A LOT of force to press compared to many other mice. By no means am I a weak person, but seriously... borrow someone's Deathadder or Ikari, and you can feel the different immediately.

In conclusion, if you do purchase the Sentinel, be prepared to train your middle finger or lose that button function.
Old October 20, 2010, 08:23 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock View Post
Something to note as well, the side buttons and the scroll wheel button takes A LOT of force to press compared to many other mice. By no means am I a weak person, but seriously... borrow someone's Deathadder or Ikari, and you can feel the different immediately.
Yeah, those side buttons do take a lot to press, and the middle wheel on mine usually takes so much force that I end up scrolling it while trying to press down, so I just don't use the middle click.

I haven't had any issues with the sensors on it...but I am just using the surface of my desk rather than a mouse pad.