Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 10, 2010, 10:24 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default A quiet keyboard

Im thinking of buying a logitech G15 since my wave pro is annoying me. Anyhow, anyone uses the G15? Is it a really quiet click?

Or anyone has user experience on this keyboard?

Logitech (920-000914R) (Refurbished) Illuminated USB Keyboard /w Palm Rest, Backlit -Black | Canada Computers
Old September 10, 2010, 11:10 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The G15 is fairly quiet, though over time it'll get noisier. The Illuminated on the other hand is very quiet and will probably stay that way due to its laptop-style keys. I suggest you take a trip to a local store that sells peripherals (Future Shop, Best Buy, Staples, etc.) and try out the feel and volume of the keyboards first-hand.
Old September 11, 2010, 05:13 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Ok thanks for the tip.
Old September 11, 2010, 10:43 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

The Logitech Illuminated keyboard you have listed there is fantastic, I currently own it. I mainly got for the low profile laptop-type keys and white back lighting. It is very quiet compared to traditional keyboards and I'm going to say it's quieter than the G15 due to the low keystrokes. Also, I ended up paying ~$90 for mine so for $45 it's pretty good, even if it's refurbished.

| Samsung T220 | Steelseries SX Pro | Razer Lachesis Phantom White | Logitech Illuminated Keyboard | Sennheiser HD555 | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 |
Old September 11, 2010, 10:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

My brother has that Illuminated one too. Pretty decent, though I prefer my Razer Lycosa. It's pretty quiet too, but the rubberized keys make all the difference IMO. Doesn't get all greasy like normal plastic keys so it gives you a bit more grip.

Though I must say, the backlighting on the Illuminated is far superior, with two brightness settings. Definitely can be useful. Lycosa on the other hand is far too dull.
Old September 12, 2010, 09:43 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
Illuminated is far superior, with two brightness settings.
Make that three brightness levels. 100% 50% and 25%.

| Samsung T220 | Steelseries SX Pro | Razer Lachesis Phantom White | Logitech Illuminated Keyboard | Sennheiser HD555 | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 |
Old November 18, 2010, 07:28 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
My brother has that Illuminated one too. Pretty decent, though I prefer my Razer Lycosa. It's pretty quiet too, but the rubberized keys make all the difference IMO. Doesn't get all greasy like normal plastic keys so it gives you a bit more grip.

Though I must say, the backlighting on the Illuminated is far superior, with two brightness settings. Definitely can be useful. Lycosa on the other hand is far too dull.

I have a lycosa here collecting dust. First one was sent for rma after 6 months, replacement had the same issue within 2 months. Certain keys stopped working/giving out weird letters/symbols.

Not a fan of razer after this, my brothers deathadder also broke within 6 months, I had a razer habu for about 3 years till it died.

Love the feel/look of the lycosa, but it just isn't durable. Hope you have better luck than me.
Old November 18, 2010, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviduser View Post
I have a lycosa here collecting dust. First one was sent for rma after 6 months, replacement had the same issue within 2 months. Certain keys stopped working/giving out weird letters/symbols.

Not a fan of razer after this, my brothers deathadder also broke within 6 months, I had a razer habu for about 3 years till it died.

Love the feel/look of the lycosa, but it just isn't durable. Hope you have better luck than me.
They recommend you not to bash your peripherals against concrete, due longevity issues. My Copperhead is 5 years and still going strong.

@ OP I would go for the Logitech Illuminated, or at least another keyboard that has laptop style keys.
Old November 18, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've got an illuminated and it is pretty quiet, every time my mom sees me type, she comments how my keyboard is so much quieter than hers.
Old November 18, 2010, 10:03 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I can tell you a G110 is not the answer. lol

But, I recently built a system fro a friend who insisted on having a thin white chiclet style keyboard, and in the end I ended up getting a mac keyboard and mapping the buttons properly for windows. It is very quiet.