Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   New Printer and Continuous Ink System (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/35733-new-printer-continuous-ink-system.html)

geokilla August 30, 2010 08:13 PM

New Printer and Continuous Ink System

So my Epson CX7800 had a continuous ink system and well, either the printer or the continuous ink system is dead. Magenta doesn't seem to come out no matter how many times I clean it with 70% alcohol, and while trying to fix things, I busted the continuous ink system. I'll probably have to get a new printer so what would you guys recommend? Preferably, I'd like one that works with the continuous ink system.

Also, what can I do with the extra ink that I got lying around now? Reason being is because every time I go and buy ink, they ask me what printer I got which leads me to believe that certain ink has certain colours, even though they're still cyan, magenta, yellow, and black.

Zero82z August 30, 2010 08:27 PM

Get a laser printer.

3.0charlie August 30, 2010 08:36 PM

But please, not a HP.

Zero82z August 30, 2010 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 422609)
But please, not a HP.

Why not? I've used probably a dozen HP laser printers and they've all been great and very reliable.

geokilla August 30, 2010 08:59 PM

Why laser?

My printer is NOT dead. Only the continuous ink system died. I guess I can get a new one....

Oh and I found my original Epson ink cartridges UNUSED! YES!

Oh and how do I dispose of ink cartridges and ink?

Zero82z August 30, 2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokilla (Post 422623)
Why laser?

Because they're very reliable and the cost per page is very inexpensive compared to ink printers.

geokilla August 30, 2010 09:34 PM

Continuous ink system make them very cost effective against laser printers. The only bright side I see with laser is that I don't have to worry about it getting clogged.

Zero82z August 30, 2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geokilla (Post 422649)
Continuous ink system make them very cost effective against laser printers.

Not really. They're cheaper than cartridges, but still not as inexpensive as laser.

geokilla September 11, 2010 09:48 PM

If I get another inkjet printer and a continuous inking system, can I use the existing printer ink that I have leftover? The ink was supposed to be used with the continous ink system for my Epson CX7800, but as you guys now, the ink system died.

martin_metal_88 September 12, 2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie (Post 422609)
But please, not a HP.

I totally agree, in laser Samsung is the way to go.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero82z (Post 422615)
Why not? I've used probably a dozen HP laser printers and they've all been great and very reliable.

Because from the first day of laser they have a stupid problem of dying spooler which is really annoying, easy to fix for a HP but seems they prefer to look at the printer die. Also, their service for printer is really not that good...We are still waiting ( after 4 month ) for a WORKING replacement for a 670$ pro series printer, the only info HP tell us is that Staples canada ( yeah staples ) is supose to ship us the printer ( for the apst 2 months ) but the printer is EOL...idiot...