Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

    
View Poll Results: Xai laser or Ikari laser
Xai laser 2 25.00%
Ikari laser 6 75.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11 (permalink)  
Old August 5, 2010, 10:55 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,918

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayan288 View Post
Sure hope so... Do you by any chance use a plasticy mouse pad unlike a cloth pad. Because I use a steelseries QCK+ cloth mouse pad, and I have heard other people having Ikari problems, and they all use cloth pads. So just wondering.
I use and have only ever used cloth with it. A QcK way back when then a Goliathus now.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old August 5, 2010, 11:37 PM
Jackquelegs's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Burnaby, BC
Posts: 2,590

My System Specs

Default

My last ikari pooped after a year and a half. I was using the razer exactmat with it. The problem I think was in the cabling. The one I have now is still going strong after 8 months
__________________
Iapetos
Intel Core i7 930 D0 4.2ghz, Corsair XMS3 6X2GB DDR3-1600 CL 8-8-8-24, Xfire HD5870, Intel X-25M 34nm 80gb, Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W, Xonar D2X

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old August 5, 2010, 11:56 PM
shayan288's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 911
Default

ICIC, My first Ikari crapped out after 9 months, and the replacement, less than 4 weeks.
__________________
The 288

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's
Steelseries Xai Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2011, 06:28 PM
BootlegUsher's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Ikari all the way. My first one broke down after warranty ended, bought another one immediately
I am looking for a new mouse for gaming, and I have never owned a fancy gaming mouse that comes with software and and onboard memory and all that, but the above quote is something I keep reading far more frequently then I care for. My current mouse is a Microsoft Laser mouse 6000 and out of curiosity I read the info on the bottom of the mouse: Manufacture date August 2005. This thing is over 6 years old and still works well. If I am going to pay 50-90 dollars for a nice new mouse, I expect it to last a long time. Steelseries warranty is one year, that doesn't inspire confidence.

So, are there any gaming mice out there that are built to last?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2011, 06:45 PM
martin_metal_88's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Quebec City
Posts: 4,175

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
I am looking for a new mouse for gaming, and I have never owned a fancy gaming mouse that comes with software and and onboard memory and all that, but the above quote is something I keep reading far more frequently then I care for. My current mouse is a Microsoft Laser mouse 6000 and out of curiosity I read the info on the bottom of the mouse: Manufacture date August 2005. This thing is over 6 years old and still works well. If I am going to pay 50-90 dollars for a nice new mouse, I expect it to last a long time. Steelseries warranty is one year, that doesn't inspire confidence.

So, are there any gaming mice out there that are built to last?

no...all mice are junk nowaday. This is called, market.

No I'm kidding :) They are mostly all good. Logitech are usually decent, microsoft to. Just stay away from Razer ( in my experience )
__________________
Ask for more

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2011, 08:47 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,918

My System Specs

Default

My Ikari is still going strong. Can't even remember how long I've had it now. But it has been at least 2.5 years if not longer.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2011, 08:58 PM
BootlegUsher's Avatar
MVP
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
My Ikari is still going strong. Can't even remember how long I've had it now. But it has been at least 2.5 years if not longer.
Thank you for posting that. I think part of the problem is that no one posts when things are going well. Is it the optical or laser version?

Right now I am looking at the Logitech G400. It uses an optical sensor, does it make any difference?
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2011, 09:16 PM
lowfat's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 7,918

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
Thank you for posting that. I think part of the problem is that no one posts when things are going well. Is it the optical or laser version?

Right now I am looking at the Logitech G400. It uses an optical sensor, does it make any difference?
I use the laser version. I have no idea if it tracks better or not than the optical version. I know driver wise they are completely different though. The laser uses the standard MS mouse driver. All the macros and DPI are stored on the mouse itself. So if you unplug it and plug it in to a different rig all the settings are still the same.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ikari Laser Mouse Left Click Recognition Trouble shayan288 Troubleshooting 7 May 19, 2014 11:17 AM
[WTB] Steelseries Ikari laser Jackquelegs Buy/Sell & Trade 1 October 2, 2009 10:25 AM
[WTB] WTB: SteelSeries Ikari Laser & Razer Deathadder MarcusFoX Buy/Sell & Trade 10 February 28, 2009 10:25 PM
[WTB] Steelseries Ikari Laser gaming mouse MarcusFoX Buy/Sell & Trade 1 February 10, 2009 01:21 PM
Ikari laser Mouse by Steelseries reaverclan Member Reviews 24 December 17, 2008 02:21 PM