Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2010, 08:57 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default Cyborg Gaming R.A.T 7 Review Comment Thread

The peripheral marketplace isn't something that has seen much innovation over the years but Cyborg Gaming is looking to change that with their R.A.T series of gaming mice. They are adjustable beyond our wildest dreams but does this feature alone make the R.A.T 7 stand apart from the pack? One thing is for certain: this is a gaming mouse like no other.

[ Read full article ]

Last edited by SKYMTL; August 2, 2010 at 09:06 PM.
Old August 2, 2010, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame

Definitely an interesting mouse design, didn't realise it was that customizable. How useful was the thumb scroll? A little too expensive for my liking, but the R.A.T. series may be something to keep in mind when it comes time to replace my mouse.

As for lefties, I would likely be in the same boat if it wasn't for the fact I grew up in a household of righties, so I got accustomed to using the mouse in my right hand.
Old August 2, 2010, 09:45 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I've read about a bunch of issues with this mouse that seem to be inherent to the design. It's definitely an innovative product, but it could use a revision or two for sure.
Old August 2, 2010, 10:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's certainly nice to see some fresh ideas 'on the table' as it were. But this one might be a bit over the top for me. I absolutely love my Performance MX, and I don't play enough online FPS's to be concerned about the wired vs. wireless debate; so I'll likely stick to wireless.

That all being said, I'd certainly be willing to take one for a test run if I saw it on display somewhere. It's probably one of those things you have to use to understand... A "love it or hate it" product.
Old August 2, 2010, 10:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

should i buy the R.A.T 7 now or wait 2 months to get the R.A.T 9 for wireless features?
Old August 2, 2010, 10:30 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrapist View Post
should i buy the R.A.T 7 now or wait 2 months to get the R.A.T 9 for wireless features?
Depends how much money you want to spend and whether or not you really need wireless. In my opinion, you shouldn't get a wireless mouse unless you need one simply because the hassle of making sure it's charged isn't worth putting up with if it isn't necessary.
Old August 3, 2010, 03:39 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

This has alot of innovations my gargantuan hands could really use, but quite honestly it looks too robotic for my liking. I'll just stick with my Dethadder for now
Old August 3, 2010, 04:50 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I have one of these bad boys and I love it. It takes about 3hrs of fine tuning to get everything "perfect" for your hand...but its worth the effort as it feels like an extension of your hand. The only downside to this is the fact that when you DO have it fine tuned....it becomes a one person mouse. If you share a system with any one else you wont be able to get the most from it as it simply wont fit their hand AND yours at the same time. That and i wish they had included a couple extra palm and pinky rest options (large with high grip would have been perfect for both).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 3, 2010, 08:30 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
because the hassle of making sure it's charged isn't worth putting up with if it isn't necessary.
It comes with 2 batteries, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Old August 3, 2010, 08:48 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAnimal View Post
It comes with 2 batteries, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Still, you have to switch batteries, which isn't something you need to deal with if you have a wired mouse.