LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3, 2010, 09:47 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiXT View Post
Zero: It is technically is called a "Product Showcase"
Yeah, I know that's what it's called in the video, but in both the HWC front page article and this forum thread, it's listed as a review. So it should really be called a product showcase everywhere, since a full review it is not. And I'm not trying to criticize the actual showcase at all, since you did do a great job of looking the product over. I just think it should be made clear that it isn't a full review.

Also, what happened to that thing you were working on with Linus?
Old August 4, 2010, 10:49 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for the review, otherwise I would have never known about it. It seems really interesting and the mechanics and innovation are total sells for me. Alas, I don't really have the money to spring for the RAT7 right now with a perfectly good Deathadder already in my hand. And I'm usually really minimalist and picky with my aesthetics but I actually think it looks pretty good! Maybe it went so far on the ugly scale, it looped right around to sweet to for me

I'm glad to hear there'll be an in depth review and I'm certainly waiting on that.
Old August 4, 2010, 09:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
I have one of these bad boys and I love it. It takes about 3hrs of fine tuning to get everything "perfect" for your hand...but its worth the effort as it feels like an extension of your hand. The only downside to this is the fact that when you DO have it fine tuned....it becomes a one person mouse. If you share a system with any one else you wont be able to get the most from it as it simply wont fit their hand AND yours at the same time. That and i wish they had included a couple extra palm and pinky rest options (large with high grip would have been perfect for both).
You know what would have been awesome ... this is far fetched but you know how most cars use motorized/electric seat adjusters with memory save configuration (like config 1, 2 can be saved and put back into place with a push of a button and etc.)?

... they should have somehow implemented that into this mouse!

Of course its ridiculous for a mouse to have motorized/software adjustments but its some cool food for thought no? :D
Old August 4, 2010, 09:57 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Colonel View Post
You know what would have been awesome ... this is far fetched but you know how most cars use motorized/electric seat adjusters with memory save configuration (like config 1, 2 can be saved and put back into place with a push of a button and etc.)?

... they should have somehow implemented that into this mouse!

Of course its ridiculous for a mouse to have motorized/software adjustments but its some cool food for thought no? :D
It would probably double the price, but that's definitely doable.
Old August 9, 2010, 07:33 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default re

What is the availability of this mouse at the moment?

Ncix got it back order, directcanada doesn't offer it.

Any idea?
Patience maybe!
;)

thx!
Old August 9, 2010, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanavi View Post

Instead of simply listing off the features of the mouse I'd prefer if you'd talk about how well the mouse performs those features. Your review should be about nuances this mouse has in relation to others. For example, instead of saying this mouse has 5600DPI you should talk about how the laser the mouse uses is the same Philips Twin-eye in the Razor Imperator. This kind of information is important because different lasers and sensors produce differently "tracking" mice. The Twin-eye laser for instance, has a known tracking issue when you pick the mouse up and set it back down, causing the cursor to "jump" down and to the right. Also, some sensors may produce visible cursor jitter on different surfaces.
Yes, the Imperator was absolute when I used it. Breaks in tracking, and Z axis jump made me return it within a few days. All on, ironically, Razer exactmat

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old June 4, 2011, 06:40 PM
Rookie

FYI, it's $79 on NCIX, and if do price match at local futureshop, you can get another $3 off, and with no shipping involved.
Old June 4, 2011, 07:02 PM
Top Prospect

Dont be fooled by this mouse, it may be customizable and really cool looking, but its sensor is a piece of crap, and on top of that it is very cheaply made. Its just one of those mice who try to attract people who dont know any better about gaming mice. It is most definitely not good for gaming as laser mice in general arent the best. It also fakes the 5600dpi sensor btw. Its sad to see that people actually buy these POS mice because the truth is that companies like logitech, steel series, and zowie are the only companies that actually make very good quality mice.
Old June 4, 2011, 08:00 PM
Rookie

that's why I suggested getting it at the local store, so you can try it, have fun it, then return it.