Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2010, 02:49 PM
MVP

Default X8 Sidewinder dead, need replacement

The X8 is gone, my friends kid chewed up the cord and part of the mouse so warranty isnt an option. I really liked the X8 but I have never tried anything else (excluding generic cheap mice) so I thought I might look around.

I do like wireless, but its not required. It is for gaming, and I do have big hands
Old July 26, 2010, 03:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well i can only guess how big your hand actually is so umm.. How about trying to razer habu or mamba? The logitech G9 also looks pretty beefy. If there is a local canadacomputers near you or some other computer related store maybe you could try some mouses out for yourself?
"My brother is dead. He's not here Anymore. But on my back, and in my heart...He lives on in me. I will make a hole through heaven itself, even if that hole becomes my grave. As long as I break through, I will be victorious.Who the **** do you think I am?"
Old July 26, 2010, 03:41 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

The Logitech G500 is probably your best bet for a large mouse. I also have pretty big hands and I bought a Coolermaster Storm Sentinel recently. Although it's a good mouse, I find it a bit smaller than I would like.
Old July 26, 2010, 05:40 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i have a x8 i never use, let me know.

Old July 28, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Both me and my wife have the MX 518 Logitechs.It's an older MX series obviously,but they are perfect for shooters.I have much bigger hands than my wife yet they feel right for both of us.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5
Old July 29, 2010, 01:53 PM
MVP

Every computer store around here that I have seen doesnt have anything out where you can try it, so its all reviews and research for me.

Looking them over, the G9 looks interesting, the rest look good too but I think I like the button placement best with the G9 and X8.
I may just see about that X8 Tecknocat, if you see this PM me the details but it may be a week or 2 before I decide/am able to get it.
Old July 29, 2010, 02:03 PM
Hall of Fame

My System Specs

Check the HWC Youtube channel later today, may just have a suggestion for you :P