Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30, 2010, 10:21 AM
Rookie

Default Roccat Kave vs Steelseries Siberia v2 vs Sennheiser PC 350.

Hi everyone. I've asked people at other forums and friends too, so i read some information about headsets. Most of them recommends Siberia v2 or PC 350. Although neither of them had Kave and Kave has very good replies from other people at random threads.

So which one of these would you recommend and why? I would like to hear especialy from those people, who had tried both of those or even all three. And i would like to read about Kave too.

And PLEASE ARGUMENT your comment.

Thank you, if you answer.

P.S. gonna use the headset for gaming and sometimes watching movies, somtimes music too.
Old June 30, 2010, 10:55 AM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Sennheiser. The PC350 is a headset designed by an audio equipment manufacturer. The others are audio equipment designed by peripheral manufacturers. The sound quality you'll get from the Sennheisers is leaps and bounds ahead of what you'd hear from any other "gaming headset".
Old June 30, 2010, 11:25 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Sennheiser. The PC350 is a headset designed by an audio equipment manufacturer. The others are audio equipment designed by peripheral manufacturers. The sound quality you'll get from the Sennheisers is leaps and bounds ahead of what you'd hear from any other "gaming headset".
Yea, i know that it's a company known from soviet union and hitler's germany times... But i've heard, that Kave is a very nice headset and can compete with any other headsets too. That sounded like a nice deal, plus it's 150 our money cheaper, than sennheiser's PC350. Although, i want quality, even though i'm poor, but i want quality for a long time. Not 1 or 2 years, but more like a few years.

Anyway, the point is, that Roccat is almost unknown to most users, especialy americans and canadians and people from UK. It is more known in small countries around the europe, so there are not many reviews, but every one of them has no minuses. Very few people has it, compared to Sennheiser's almost 70 years name. That's why i'm asking about this thing. Also i cannot find anyone, who have had sennheiser's and roccat's headsets, both. Only Siberia and Kave. Those prefer Kave though...

The point of my thinking (sorry if it crosses anyone's else's) is that name doesn't mean everything.
Old June 30, 2010, 04:49 PM
Top Prospect

The PC350 reportedly has problems with the Bass (weak or inexistent), unless you have an amp or nice sound card to hook it up to.
Other wise, the PC350 definitely beats the rest in sound quality.
I was debating between these same headsets (with a few more), and I chose to go with the Creative Sound Blaster Arena Surround Gaming Headset (SB Arena, for short). The sound is great, bass clean and present (but not overpowering), great microphone (The PC350 also has a good microphone, reportedly).
I suggest the Arena because it's cheap for the quality it brings to the table (I had them for $50 on a Newegg shellshocker 2 weeks ago, you can get em for $70 or so).
If you have an amp or decent sound card, go for the PC350's (If you also have the money).
I'm not sure on the Roccat Kave, but if you'll be going SteelSeries, go for the SteelSeries 5H v2.
Hope that helps.
Old June 30, 2010, 05:42 PM
Rookie

Thanks for your reply, made some things clearer.

And yes, i have Extreme Gamer sound card, pretty nice i guess. Also i'm not an american, so i cannot buy from newegg.

And as for Kave, according to some reviews, it competes with 350s, but there are no comparitions, so you cannot really tell, that's why i've asked at the forums, but not many people's answered.
Old June 30, 2010, 10:35 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by newn View Post
Also i'm not an american, so i cannot buy from newegg.
Are you Canadian? Because Newegg operates here as well.
Old June 30, 2010, 11:08 PM
Rookie

No, i'm from a small, poor Europe country, where local shops don't have such things either, so shipping's gonna cost me some too...
Old July 1, 2010, 07:31 AM
Top Prospect

PC350's sound quality is definitely superior to Kave's.
If you have the sound card and the money, PC350 hands down.
If you want something cheaper but with sound quality that's superb and almost that of the PC350, go for the Arenas; really cheap for the quality they deliver.
However, if you want "True" 5.1, then get the Kave.
Old July 1, 2010, 08:33 AM
Rookie

I also would like to find out about the earcup size of PC350. I think they are the same as HD555's, except leather instead of velvel, but the form is the same and size is the same. If this is true, i find them uncorfomtable, because there is too much free space for the ears and they feel like hanging on your ears. Tried those for a few minutes (555s).
Old July 6, 2010, 08:03 AM
Rookie

Get this, everything else is just a toy in comparison...

MMX 300 MANUFAKTUR - Gaming & Multimedia - Headphones & Headsets - Headphones & Headsets