Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 16, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Question Notebook Gaming Mouse Recommendations

My wife bought me a wonderful Logitech Anywhere MX. I actually really love this mouse except it has a "feature" that makes it useless for some games. Instead of a regular middle mouse button, when you depress it, it switches from speed scroll to click scroll (or vice versa) and this just won't do for RTS games that like to use the middle mouse button. :(

I am looking at the Razor Orochi. Seems to have everything I want.
  • Click scroll (not speed scroll)
  • Thumb buttons
  • Good size for mobile
  • Decent battery life (and a USB cable for just in case)
  • It is a Blutooth mouse though, any comments on that?
Other recommendations?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 19, 2010, 07:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Did you try using uberoptions for that Logitech, or is it something unavoidable?
Old June 19, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Actually, if you install the Logitech 'SetPoint' software, you can change the middle button function. My MX Revolution has the same option.

*EDIT* Adding pics...

Last edited by Caldezar; June 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old June 19, 2010, 08:13 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

+1 for the razer orochi. I currently have this for my laptop and it works wonders. Perfect size in my opinion.
Old June 19, 2010, 08:23 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I love my Razor Orochi, use it with my M15x and couldn't be happier.

Another Guy From Canada
Old June 19, 2010, 11:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Razor - Copperhead came with my Asus Notebook..works great ...!

Old June 21, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

@ Orochi users.

Do you use the mouse using bluetooth while gaming? Do you find considerable lag from it's micro-sleep mode that happens after a few seconds of inactivity?

@ Caldezar

That's the first thing I tried is the setpoint, but I didn't see the same options you have their for the middle mouse button? I ended up unintsalling it afterwards as I found it "set pointless", lol. But I will reinstall just to be sure I didn't miss something. Thanks.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 21, 2010, 12:22 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
I ended up unintsalling it afterwards as I found it "set pointless"

Ha! Nice... Well, maybe the revolutions have different 'setpoint' software settings than the other series of mice. My wife has a VX revolution and I checked hers, just to find it's the same options as mine. It would seems like a pretty major oversight for them to not include a middle mouse button option though...?

Well good luck in your mouse hunting either way. And may I add the VX revolution to your list of choices as well. It's got everything you're looking for in a mouse except bluetooth.
Old June 21, 2010, 12:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I can say that setpoint does indeed have the middle button option for my new performance MX mouse. Which by the way I absolutely love.

I would say that if the performance MX has the option then the anywhere MX would also have that middle button option.

Old June 21, 2010, 12:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldezar View Post
Ha! Nice... Well, maybe the revolutions have different 'setpoint' software settings than the other series of mice. My wife has a VX revolution and I checked hers, just to find it's the same options as mine. It would seems like a pretty major oversight for them to not include a middle mouse button option though...?

Well good luck in your mouse hunting either way. And may I add the VX revolution to your list of choices as well. It's got everything you're looking for in a mouse except bluetooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
I can say that setpoint does indeed have the middle button option for my new performance MX mouse. Which by the way I absolutely love.

I would say that if the performance MX has the option then the anywhere MX would also have that middle button option.
Well it sounds like I may just have overlooked the correct option? I will check it out tonight. Thanks guys.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE