LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 21, 2010, 03:19 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
@ Orochi users.

Do you use the mouse using bluetooth while gaming? Do you find considerable lag from it's micro-sleep mode that happens after a few seconds of inactivity?
I've gamed both through Blue tooth and Wired. On Blue Tooth It's been fine, no problems that I can think of. Depending on how twitchy you like your mouse, 2000 DPI Blue Tooth vs 4000 DPI Wired, depends on what you'd like better. My desktop uses the Lachesis so I'm used to a higher sensitivity so I use the Orochi Wired in fast shooters. Having said that I can game no problem using Blue Tooth as 2000 DPI is still plenty sensitive.

Another Guy From Canada
Old June 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I don't care too much about the DPI, it's the micro-sleep mode I've read about with Bluetooth mice that scares me. On the Orochi I read it is set to go into micro sleep after just a few seconds of inactivity and you cannot adjust that. When it's in micro sleep there is serious lag when it wakes back up. This is what I have read around the web anyways. I don't want a wired mouse for my laptop. I am quite happy with wireless on it.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 21, 2010, 06:59 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

If you have the newest version of setpoint there is no middle mouse setting and you have to set it like this:

Even if setpoint doesn't work you should be able to use uberoptions to change whatever settings you want.

uberOptions: uberOptions: Enable all options on all buttons in SetPoint

Last edited by Full Speed; June 21, 2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old June 22, 2010, 09:58 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well now I know I am not crazy. I reinstalled setpoint and there is absolutely no way to set any function whatsoever to the middle mouse button on my mouse using the setpoint software I have. I did not try the uber settings because quite frankly, I feel like I don't want to have to deal with switching between hyper scroll and click scroll everytime I click the scroll wheel down anyways. What a crazy design?

So what I have done is set the "Application Button" (located just below the scroll wheel on my Anywhere MX) to function as a middle mouse button. It's a bit odd having to move my finger off of the scroll wheel but I can manage since my only reason for all this is a little Red Alert 3, lol.

Thanks for the help guys! I am still open to suggestions if anyone knows a good wireless, mobile mouse they like to use for gaming that has a click scroll wheel that can also be used as a middle mouse button. ;-)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 22, 2010, 06:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hmmm, strange. I guess it changes for each mouse. I know that mine has it:

At least you got it working for you. Good job!
Old June 22, 2010, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nope nothin on mine for the scroll wheel. WellI can adjust left/right scroll but not the down click. So as I said i set the application button to act like middle mouse as shown here.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

HEATWARE