Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 25, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Looking for a Keybord and Mouse

I am looking for some new specific peripherals. Right now, I am using a Razer Copperhead, and Razer Lycosa. The Lycosa is too easy to sratch, as its a soft plasitc, and my Copperhead fell on the floor and the pulsating logo popped out/ cracked... I am not trying to just change the color, but find something that performs on-par or better.

I am looking for something with less blue lol. Something with no LED's would be nice; I was looking at the Ikari mice, and think that they are nice. Something like the Logitech G500 works for me as well.
If there is an LED color, the only colors I want is Red, or White.

I am not too familar with peripherals so I am just looking for sugestions.
Old April 25, 2010, 10:18 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Logitech G15 for the keyboard. For the mouse I'd probably go with the G500, but the right choice for you really depends on what fits your hand the best and what mousing style you used, so for that aspect I suggest that you head down to your local Best Buy/Future Shop/whatever and try out the display mice to see what you think is the most comfortable.
Old April 26, 2010, 04:35 PM
Banned

I agree with Zero. Logitech is tops for mice and keyboards IMHO. The G500 should do you fine but that depends on your hand size.

As for the G15....it is a great keyboard. If you can find the better first generation one with the Blue lights then you struck GOLD.
Old April 26, 2010, 04:36 PM
Rookie

I can recommend a saitek eclipse (they make them in red or blue led's, which can also be turned off) and a g5 mouse. Never had any complaints, fits my big hands and has a bunch of buttons / features making it a great value.
Old April 26, 2010, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, for the mice I'll probably go down to futureshop and get a feel for them. Last thing I want is to order an $80 mouse and have it feel like crap.
Old April 27, 2010, 03:20 PM
Rookie

I have the saitek eclipse and g15. Both are very nice keyboards. I prefer the g15, a little more options than the saitek eclipse 2
Old April 27, 2010, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I know I have the Logitech Illuminated keyboard and I really like it. The led on it is a nice white and it has adjustable brightness.
Old May 1, 2010, 05:37 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I really love my Ikari Laser, awesome mouse.

And TBH for keyboard I'd say look into mechanical keyswitch keyboards, but it depends on how much you're willing to spend really. Either way even though it was way expensive, my Filco Majestouch is one of the best PC purchases I've made IMHO.

Edit:

</late>
-Deadpool