Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 14, 2010, 01:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default mouse pad for a G5

Just wondering whats a good pad for a logi G5. I finally got a bigger desk so i can get a decent pad now.
Old April 14, 2010, 02:15 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

ive also been doing a bit of reserach on the subject, too many people think 2$ pad are as good as 20$ or even 40$ pads...

so far i guess it depends on the use, if you like control of a slow mouse pad get a cloth pad, for higher speed/less friction get a hard (plastic pad)

there are a few hybrid, hard plastic with cloth like finish that as a bit of both types.

btw avoid any kind of transparent or glass pad for laser mice, they are intended for optical(from everything i have read on them)

personally ive liked cloth pad for gaming, but ive really been interested in trying a hard pad like the Steelseries 5L 5-LAYER CLOTH/PLASTIC Hybrid Mouse Pad, but they are 40$

ive mostly had Everglide pads in the past and the ones ive prefered the most but my current pad is almost 2 years old and over due for retirement (i think it costed me over 30$ back then).

and from personal experience of using several pads(from work to friends to client) the Pad is just as important then the mouse it self. my g5 and g9 suck on a bad pad or cheap pad when i bring them to work or clients home.

let me know what you chose, i might try the steelseries next month (already maxed out my computer rations for this month lol)

My Boinc Stats
Old April 14, 2010, 03:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

well i am mostly a fps player so I want speed. I have had the same pad (cheap futureshop one) for well at least 6 years and i want to upgrade so i dont mind spending the money. I jsut want a big surface as I tend to move of my little pad..........its about 4 times the size of the mouse lol

I dont know anything on who makes a good pad and that. I saw a review in the last pcgamer of a razor pad which they liked.
Old April 14, 2010, 04:02 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I've used a Steelseries QCK for the last year or so. Available in multiple sizes, and under $15. NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection.
Old April 14, 2010, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't forget you can get one at the HWC store

https://store.hardwarecanucks.com/pr...Mouse-Pad.html

Old April 14, 2010, 05:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hated my QCK. It was too "oily", and the mouse did not have precise movements. I love my Steelseries I2 (glass), my friends Razer eXact Mat (that thing is the bomb - aluminum surface), and the Razer Goliathus isn't bad.
Old April 23, 2010, 12:00 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i saw the SS series but i like having a wrist rest.......so I got the Razer Vespula and so far its great. i already had to turn down the DPI on the mouse because its so responsive. and no slip pad under the pad (more like a board) is nice.
Old April 26, 2010, 04:40 PM
Rookie

I'm using an everglide titan pad (pretty big) and it works nicely. It's also easy to clean off in case you spill stuff on it and I paid about 10$ for it (it's about 10 x 16 I'd say).