Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7, 2010, 08:53 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default GIGABYTE M8000 Xtreme Laser Gaming Mouse Review Comment Thread

When it comes to peripherals, there are many consumers who couldn't care less about overall performance; they just want the most economically sensible solution. However, with their M8000 Xtreme gaming mouse, Gigabyte is trying to prove that we don't have to pay a fortune for a high performance peripheral. Can they combine the features enthusiasts crave with a price that will appeal to almost everyone?

[ Read full article ]
Old April 7, 2010, 09:30 PM
Banned
F@H

got a heads up from a bud for this, he says for the price its very good...lets skip tru the article!!
Old April 7, 2010, 10:10 PM
Rookie

This mouse is pretty interesting.. there is one thing I'm wondering though. There are some older games I'd like to play, but they don't support inverted Y-Axis (at least not properly). Was there any software option for this? Problem is that it has to be implemented for DirectInput games, or it would have to essentially lie to windows. It would be pretty handy especially if you could write a built-in macro to toggle it.
Old April 8, 2010, 07:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

I wonder if Gigabyte actually designed this on their own, as it has a Logitech 'feel' to it, even down to the name.

Regardless seems like a good mouse and is fairly well priced (though if I were to buy it I would likely wait for a sale).

Being able to turn off the LEDs seems like a strange pro, I figured all gaming mice had that feature (I can turn it off on my Deathadder).
Old April 8, 2010, 07:34 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

With the first gen Ghost you couldnt turn off the led, it was always on. Thus it is a strange pro (overall)....yet a BIG improvement over the original and I felt it was important to highlight this improvement ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 8, 2010, 10:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
With the first gen Ghost you couldnt turn off the led, it was always on. Thus it is a strange pro (overall)....yet a BIG improvement over the original and I felt it was important to highlight this improvement ;)
I suppose I can see how compared to the original it would be a pro.
Old September 12, 2010, 11:45 AM
MVP

So where can you buy this thing? I can only see it on Newegg.ca for 70 bucks.