Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 28, 2007, 12:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

Default Looking for a new Mouse (Not a Razer)

Hey guys!

I am looking for a new mouse and was wondering what were your thoughts on the Logitech ones. I have had Razer mouses for a while now and im really tired of them. I found the Copper head to piss me off because of it's form and im tired of my Diamondback. I need to install the Razer software to be able to controller the DPI and i REALLY REALLY hate their software. Hell, i have to drop the sensitivity to the lowest i can in each and every games or else it's way too sensitive. Im tired...

So i was looking at the Logitech ones. You guys have any recommendations? Cordless or with cable, both are fine with me.

Post recommendations or personal experiences
• - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
• - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
• - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
• - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Old October 28, 2007, 01:02 PM
Allstar

I have the MX518 and I really like it. The G5 is also a good choice. I haven't used the G9 yet, but I've heard good things.

For cordless, the G7 and MX Revolution are both pretty decent.
Old October 28, 2007, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have the G7 cordless and it is awesome. The only extremely minor flaw is the battery only lasts 1-2 days, although they give you 2 and the charger is fast.
Old October 28, 2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

Another flaw with the G7 is the batteries being DOA. I've caught that a few times. I'm surprised that you don't like the Razer mice. I found my 3G to be better than the Habu, and I find the Logitechs to be a bit too heavy.
Old October 28, 2007, 01:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
I have the MX518 and I really like it. The G5 is also a good choice. I haven't used the G9 yet, but I've heard good things.

For cordless, the G7 and MX Revolution are both pretty decent.
I also have the mx518 I love it because it fits in my big hands well also I didn't need to install there software for to get any of the buttons and sense adjustments to work I myself do go through my times when I play many many hours straight of online fps games so I never have used a cordless for that reason o I cannot comment on any of the cordless mice ( or mouses not sure which is the correct term for more then one pc mouse lol)
Old October 28, 2007, 02:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Seriously guys, I'm really starting to hate my Copperhead because now, the way i put my arm on my desk makes me take the mouse to move it around because of it's form. And of course, as you can imagine, the arrow isn't moving on my screen if the mouse isn't reading... I don't have that problem with my Diamondback but as i said above, it's a sensitivity problem with the Diamondback.

I'm currently looking @ the G9 and it's has a pretty weird form but pretty well packed.

Man that mouse look sick after more readings : Logitechฎ G9 Laser Mouse Products Model: 910-000173 [910-000173] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

I'm kinda getting excited to try it. Aight guys, i think i found a winner This mouse and a G11 since i got refunded from xoxide.com for my defective Razer Tarantula.

Thanks guys :)
• - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
• - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
• - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
• - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
• - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
• - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
• - Dell UltraSharp 24''
• - Noctua NH-D14
Old October 28, 2007, 02:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah- I'm very glad to have returned to a corded mouse- so tired of running out of juice in the middle of something.
Old October 28, 2007, 02:36 PM
Top Prospect

I love my MX518, you can switch sensitivity on the fly without the software installed

Old October 28, 2007, 03:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

I have a G9 right now, just switched up to it from a G5. Both are great, but the G9 is definitely a keeper for me. The price on NCIX is high, but DirectCanada usually has it for cheaper, making for an easy price-match.

I have a slightly more in-depth review of the G9 up on NCIX, for what it's worth (The one by Mark_G). A lot of complaints about the G9 seem to be by people complaining about its ugly looks, and then complaining about the LED's not having enough colour choice.
Old October 28, 2007, 03:52 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Problem with the G9 is that it's more centered towards people with the "Claw" type of grip on their mice, like pro gamers (aka Fatal1ty... lol) who hold their mice almost on the tip of their fingers. It's not very well ergonomically shaped for people who like to "Grab" their mice with their whole hand.

I myself would of said Diamondback 3G or DeathAdder, but you said no Razer mice...

Good choice would be the G5 then, I've had one and It's fine, I just don't like the feel of it in my hand so I went back to my Diamondback. :)

Choose the one you think you will feel the most comfortable with I suppose. One other thing I don't like about the G9 is the near $100 price tag.
-Deadpool