Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Need a "quiet" keyboard and mouse (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/29994-need-quiet-keyboard-mouse.html)

AERo March 17, 2010 12:32 PM

Need a "quiet" keyboard and mouse

I need a keyboard and mouse that doesn't make so much noise when I type or click on it.

I have a light sleeper in the room with me when I do most of the typing/clicking (gaming),
and due to my hectic schedule, the only have time to play a game or two around 1~2am.

Anyone know of a mouse that doesn't make the clicking sound or a soft keyboard?

Thund3rball March 17, 2010 01:01 PM

I have an MS Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard. It has low profile scissor switch keys that are pretty quiet. It's also available for like $14-$20 and is a great feeling keyboard imo. I love mine.

I also have this MS notebook mouse (there's a bigger desktop brother to it too) which my wife really likes for the very reason you want one, "low impact clicking". Persoanly I did not like the mouse myself, I use a Logitech MX Anywhere for the laptop but she tells me my incessant clicking on it drives her nutz lol.

Wireless Mobile Mouse Microsoft Blue Track 6000 | GearModa

Digikid March 17, 2010 01:48 PM

If you want QUALITY then Logitech is your answer.

Thund3rball March 17, 2010 02:16 PM

Can you enlighten us please... exactly which Logitech is going to meet his needs? Do you have anything at all helpful to say to anyone other than one liners exuding your fanboyness? Honestly if you want to help people, help them! Don't use this forum as a place to blanket every post with a pointless fanboy comment.

BigDogg March 17, 2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 348943)
Can you enlighten us please... exactly which Logitech is going to meet his needs? Do you have anything at all helpful to say to anyone other than one liners exuding your fanboyness? Honestly if you want to help people, help them! Don't use this forum as a place to blanket every post with a pointless fanboy comment.

I like my Microsoft keyboards way more than any of the Logitech ones I have used. I am currently using the Microsoft Natural Wireless Ergo 7000 series keyboard and mouse and love both of them. It is pretty quiet but not so quiet your roommate won't hear it. Maybe buy your roommate some earplugs if the noise bothers them that much?

Zero82z March 17, 2010 03:05 PM

Logitech keyboards are great, but quiet isn't an adjective I would generally associate with them. I have found Microsoft keyboards to make less noise, though I'm not especially fond of the feel.

Arinoth March 17, 2010 03:11 PM

You could just 'sound' proof the room by hanging curtains about an inch or two away from the walls and it will eat up all the sound

Zero82z March 17, 2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arinoth (Post 348974)
You could just 'sound' proof the room by hanging curtains about an inch or two away from the walls and it will eat up all the sound

That would reduce the sound exiting the room, but wouldn't do much to stop it from traveling within it.

BobbyLou March 17, 2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digikid (Post 348924)
If you want QUALITY then Logitech is your answer.

LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

thenewguy001 March 17, 2010 03:42 PM

I would go for one of the thin low profile laptop-style ones. I notice that they tend to make a lot less noise