Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2010, 06:20 PM
Banned

Guess what, I'm after a quiet keyboard myself! I think most of the new mice is quiet enough, though.

However, I couldn't find any really quiet PC keyboards. Yes, even expensive ones, I could still hear some clicking. Unless you type really slowly, there is still some audible feedback. However, I agree, the illuminated Logitech keyboard (I think we're talking about the same one) was as close as you can get to quiet.

But, I tried a Mac keyboard and darn it, it is the winner! Pure silence! Why aren't all keyboards like this?!? The problem is the key functions work differently. Well, some of them.

I got a free rubber style keyboard and it's really quiet but the biggest PITA to use. So, I advise against going for one of those.

Therefore, I'm debating between the Logitech and the Mac keyboard. The Mac one is way more quiet but then the drawback is the different PROPRIETARY system. Tough call!

The other Logitech and Microsoft keyboards made too much noise. All the others! I tried all the demo ones on display at both Staples and Futureshop.
Old March 22, 2010, 06:42 PM
Banned

The Logitech keyboard is $71 at newegg so could I 'price match' at FS?

The Mac keyboard is $55 there. Which one to get? :)