Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25, 2010, 07:38 AM
Top Prospect

Default light weight wireless chiclet or notebook-style keyboard?

I have a disabled client who has limited mobility. he's basically a quadripeligic that can't talk. he does however have limited movment in his left arm and 3 fingers, with which he uses to type letter by letter out on a keyboard, his only way to interact with the world and his family and his friends. he's dropped his previous wireless keyboard/mouse enough times they're not working so well anymore, so we need to find him new equipment. This has happened before and last time I lent him my wired Logitech X-Slim keyboard, which was awesome due to the low depression the key's required to register the letter, so I want to find him something very similar that can accept a light touch that's wireless. preferred that it includes a mouse so we can keep the number of receivers down, but that's not so important (if there are any left handed wireless mice, let me know!).

thanks guys!
Old February 26, 2010, 04:32 PM
Rookie

There are some mice from Razer that can be wired or wireless and can be for left and right handed people. Don't know about keyboards though.
Old March 6, 2010, 11:12 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

those Logitech PS3 mediapro kbds have built in touchpads, and work fine under windows.

Dunno how well it would work under this application, but I'm loving the apple wireless keyboard. I got it for a low price though, they jacked the cost in the last year or so