Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10, 2007, 06:41 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Cable look out.

Ok,If you have seen my worklog then you know my current project case is fairly BIG.

Well I have discovered another mistake. Pissing me off that I forgot all about this but oh well.

When my new board arrived I had to run a test fit because it's bigger then the board that was going into the case.
UNFORTUNETLY for me, I discovered that the IDE connections are on the bottom right of the board, and my optical drives are way up in the upper right corner... Now to the best of my knowledge I should be able to get cables that work. however outside input and experiences are worth more to me right now.

Heres one other dilemma which your probably coming to the conclusion. WHY IDE?? simple awnser, meh.
I have IDE drives so I use them. unless I can find SUPER cheap but good running DVD-RW's I don;t feel the need to change to SATA.

However that gives me an idea... Can you get an inline SATA to IDE converter? it's just my optical drives and my floppy thats in trouble. My HDD's are in range.
Old October 10, 2007, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi_man View Post
Ok,If you have seen my worklog then you know my current project case is fairly BIG.

Well I have discovered another mistake. Pissing me off that I forgot all about this but oh well.

When my new board arrived I had to run a test fit because it's bigger then the board that was going into the case.
UNFORTUNETLY for me, I discovered that the IDE connections are on the bottom right of the board, and my optical drives are way up in the upper right corner... Now to the best of my knowledge I should be able to get cables that work. however outside input and experiences are worth more to me right now.

Heres one other dilemma which your probably coming to the conclusion. WHY IDE?? simple awnser, meh.
I have IDE drives so I use them. unless I can find SUPER cheap but good running DVD-RW's I don;t feel the need to change to SATA.

However that gives me an idea... Can you get an inline SATA to IDE converter? it's just my optical drives and my floppy thats in trouble. My HDD's are in range.
Yes but they cost like $25 and are SUPER flimsy and cheap. For $10 more guess what... you can buy a SATA drive :D
Old October 10, 2007, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Another option is to just get a 24" rounded floppy drive and IDE cable for cheaper.

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old October 10, 2007, 09:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

yea..looks likes I am doomed to new cables to make this cost effective. Now it;s the great search for cheap cables. YIPPEEE
Old October 10, 2007, 10:04 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Vantec 24in. Round Dual Drive ATA Cable (Clear) - $7.68 @ NCIX[/color]

Here is the search results I found for floppy drive cables if you need one.

http://www.ncix.com/search/?q=Rounde...ice=Max.+Price

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com