Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2010, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default OCZ Eclipse problems

I have "installed" an OCZ eclipse mouse on my cousin's old P4, the mouse works, but after every single reboot or shut down, I need to unplug it and plug it back in so that it is recognized and thus useable.

I have installed OCZ drivers, what am I missing ?
Old January 17, 2010, 09:15 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

This happens to me sometimes on my system as well. It doesn't happen to me on every reboot or shutdown... maybe 1 every 20 times. It is annoying and I haven't figured out why either.
I'm tempted to pick up a sidewinder x5 as it's on sale lol.
500gb SG + 2TB WD20EARS
Corsair TX650W
Asus P5Q
Lancool K-62BW
Old January 17, 2010, 09:39 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

I'd be more inclined to believe that's an OS issue rather than a hardware problem. Try uninstalling the mouse drivers and letting the OS just use its generic HID drivers for it instead.
Old January 17, 2010, 10:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
I'd be more inclined to believe that's an OS issue rather than a hardware problem. Try uninstalling the mouse drivers and letting the OS just use its generic HID drivers for it instead.
I actually installed the mouse driver hoping to prevent this problem, it happened even before I installed the drivers.
Old February 10, 2010, 10:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

Sorry to revive an old thread.

I got an Eclipse too. I just got a new one as an RMA. This the third in 6 months.

Old February 10, 2010, 10:13 AM
Banned
F@H

You have a setup in the BIOS , ( legacy I think, will check the real name tonight ) that you can adjust to fix this problem ,if this is related to the board and not the OS

What is your model of motherboard. I have similar problem with my keyboard, And an other member here too, it's a gigabyte, I can't set the BIOS , because they forget to put the USB (legacy) option
Old February 21, 2011, 09:48 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkOne View Post
You have a setup in the BIOS , ( legacy I think, will check the real name tonight ) that you can adjust to fix this problem ,if this is related to the board and not the OS

What is your model of motherboard. I have similar problem with my keyboard, And an other member here too, it's a gigabyte, I can't set the BIOS , because they forget to put the USB (legacy) option
I have the same issue with the same mouse and that doesn't help. Prior to mine dying like this, my friend told me his died lol (same one).