Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 1, 2007, 08:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default New mouse recommendations

My Logitech G7--13 months old--is almost bricked at the moment. I will need a new mouse soon to replace it and my criteria will be rather strict this time. Logitech's MX-family shell isn't really comfortable at all to me and I constantly get very painful wrist strains when holding said mold on the G7.

My habit is holding the mouse at my fingertips for the best precision, but it is uncomfortable for any more than 10 minutes. To illustrate, close your fist with your thumb inside and underneath the closed fingers; now lift up only the fingers to a curved relaxed neutral position. This is the approximation of my mouse grip. Another example is the snooker bridge (#7 in this diagram)with the thumb tucked inside.

Here is, loosely, what I'm looking for:
  • Wide grip or a very wide base
  • good, accurate optics
  • reasonable assortment and thoughtful placement of auxiliary buttons
  • comfortable for long use
  • wireless is a preference; not necessary
My brief considerations so far were:
  • Creative Fatal1ty 1010
  • Logitech MX Revolution
  • Microsoft Habu
I'm not familiar with Razer products, though.

All suggestions are certainly welcome!
Old October 1, 2007, 11:21 AM
Rookie

I'm baffled as to how you can use a mouse with your thumb tucked in like that. Very strange. That said, Razer mice are supposed to be great for finger tip mousers though. I recently ordered a Razer DeathAdder so I can let you know how I like that when it arrives. The Razer Diamondback was another one that came highly recommended. I should add, however, that neither of these mice are wireless (which is a preferance for me).