Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 30, 2009, 02:26 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default OCZ Eclipse

Has anyone given the OCZ Eclipse gaming mouse a try?

It has:
  1. Double Laser
  2. 2500 DPI [not superb by today's standards]
  3. Changeable weight
  4. Different profiles
I mean for $20 if it has the quality of it's other products, could be great bang for the buck.

If no, I might have to try it out myself
Old November 30, 2009, 05:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have tried it, I find the shape of it is a little weird for me, but my gf likes it. It works well, but I prefer my Equalizer or my father's Behemoth. The weights barely make any changes, but to me the weight is fine. I also had a problem with the "padding" under the mouse peeling off. I applied some pressure to it and it is fine since then (2 months).
Old November 30, 2009, 12:47 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Haven't tried it, but I quite like my Equalizer.
Old December 1, 2009, 11:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well I got the eclipse and the only 2 problems I have with it are:

1) The shape is a little different but not uncomfortable. Will need a few days to get used to. It has a somewhat higher arc near the middle.
2) The side buttons for back/forward are hard and loud. Though I rarely used this while gaming anyways.

Everything else is great:

1) Changing profile results in a change of the colour of the light and that produces nice contrast with the blue dpi indicator
2) Very easy to change the dpi and it is quite hard to accidentally hit this button so that is not a problem.
3) The padding is very smooth and glides very well across both my desk and a steelseries qck mousepad.