Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 16, 2007, 02:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

/me might be willing to put money on him being the only one here who thinks the shape of the case is ugly.
Not as bad as those "ergonomic" mice though. *shudders*

You know what shape I really like though?

I just wish I could get a 3 button+scroll in the same form factor because those old round and flat Apple ones (Apple USB Mouse(Apple's first USB mouse)) can be manipulated with only the tips of your fingers and with very few pickup+drops. I love being able to leave my wrist stationary and not have the rest of my hand make contact with the mouse. With all the other mice I have used including the "Apple Pro Mouse" the things always seems to end up making contact with a non-fingertip part of my hand at some point or another. Having to excessively move one's wrist or pickup+drop can seriously degrade one's performance in the heat of battle and so easily cost you your in-game life.

Oh, and if you are wondering about the LED in my Keyboard and the two LEDs in that Apple USB Mouse. Well, all I have to say is this:
I like messing about with my hardware.
(as can be seen with this pic of my previous, now late mouse) http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3185/10008078vv.jpg
It may have been really cheap but it served me well for a couple years and I don't think I regret buying it despite it's rather unexpected death. I was quite fond of the case bits beside the buttons too. With them I had some place to put my fingers that could help prevent accidental clicking that could have potentially caused me to do something such as launch a grenade into nearby surface(killing me and/or teammates) or give away my position while sneaking up/past on someone.

Regardless, if you like that mouse then great, have fun with it.
With that new mouse of yours we all should find the time to put you and it to the test with a few multiplayer gamingy sessiony thingies sometime. ;)
Old October 16, 2007, 07:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragenrok View Post
woot woot, all I can say is sweet, I grabed the razer diamondback 3G
http://www.ncix.com/products/productdetail2.php
and wow im lovin it, never realized how much better a gaming mouse is compared to the $10 mice i've used since i was 13 lol.
I was currious about those mice I have a mx518 that I really like it fits my hand good I am wondering about the size of that mouse( I have fairly big hands) is it a smaller or bigger mouse?
Old October 16, 2007, 07:34 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I got myself a DeathAdder today. I quite like it. Not too sure on how well it works with Vista though. Mouse seems to move by itself at times. Could just be interference from my Logitech MX5000 keyboard (worst piece of trash I've bought). It'll be replaced soon enough though.

My friend had the MX518 (I think) and he got a DeathAdder too and absolutely loves it. Said it moves so much more freely and lighter than the MX518.
Old October 16, 2007, 08:18 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I got myself a DeathAdder today. I quite like it. Not too sure on how well it works with Vista though. Mouse seems to move by itself at times. Could just be interference from my Logitech MX5000 keyboard (worst piece of trash I've bought). It'll be replaced soon enough though.

My friend had the MX518 (I think) and he got a DeathAdder too and absolutely loves it. Said it moves so much more freely and lighter than the MX518.
Did you download the latest drivers from there site?
The 5,(?) drivers for my diamondback wouldn't let me change on-the-fly in vista but upgraded to the 6.10 and they work fine might be a idea.
Also just had a quick look on Razor's site and seams they recommend flashing your firmware to the 1.25 version, I am betting that it came with the 1.21 on it.

Razer Support

Macjunky: have you tryed a diamondback? They are designed to be held with just your fingertips (claw like) and sounds what you are looking for. Might want to give it a feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 16, 2007, 01:20 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Did you download the latest drivers from there site?
The 5,(?) drivers for my diamondback wouldn't let me change on-the-fly in vista but upgraded to the 6.10 and they work fine might be a idea.
Also just had a quick look on Razor's site and seams they recommend flashing your firmware to the 1.25 version, I am betting that it came with the 1.21 on it.

Razer Support

Macjunky: have you tryed a diamondback? They are designed to be held with just your fingertips (claw like) and sounds what you are looking for. Might want to give it a feel.
Mine came with 1.25 actually. Had to boot in XP (something I haven't done for months) and it said the firmware was the same. And I do have the latest drivers too. It's really bad on 1000Hz but on 500Hz its alright.
Old October 18, 2007, 05:56 PM
Top Prospect

thats my mouse, A4-tech x-750f , bought it for 30$ and I like it a lot.It's on lazer and goes up to 2500dpi, truly great for fps.
Old October 19, 2007, 07:14 AM
Allstar

That's a sweet unit.