Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12, 2009, 06:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default just realized I don't have enough USB ports

is there something like a card of something like that so I can get more usb ports, I messed up my two front usb ports in my case I would fix them if I had a replacement but it would probably be easier just to find a card or even both anyone know where I can find some. as it is I only have 4 usb plugins when I need 7 or 8 if I want everything plugged in , I was scraping by with 6 when both my front usb plugings were working, I bent the pins somehow.
Old October 12, 2009, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

You could get a PCI card like so:
NCIX.com - Buy nGear 5 Port USB2.0 Controller Card PCI 4 Ext 1 Int W/ 4 Pin Internal USB Header - NG-USB2/41 In Canada..

Or a USB hub like one of these:
NCIX.com - Buy Saitek Mini Ufo Hub Metalic Red 4 USB Ports - PZ37Ar In Canada.
NCIX.com - Buy I-ROCKS IR-4100-BK Mini 4 Port USB2.0 Hub W/ Power Adapter - IR-4100-BK In Canada.

Either way is pretty basic. Of course, the hub's easier to plug and go.
Old October 12, 2009, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow thanks I didn't see those
Old October 13, 2009, 03:39 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup the hubs are easier, as you're definitely not likely to use up all the bandwidth at one time. You can get a cheap 4-port one at factory direct for like $4. The only time you'd need a powered USB hub is if you're using it all the time at max bandwidth. It wouldn't be able to handle all the devices at once. Now if you're pluggin in a keyboard, mouse and printer, you won't have any issues.
Old October 13, 2009, 07:17 PM
Allstar

Just curious about it, what are all the things you guys have plugged in by USB? I've never missed usp ports. (I do use the ones from my ccase and my g11...)

Old October 13, 2009, 07:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Shadowmeph: If you come meet me somewhere I will give you a USB2.0 card for free.
Old October 14, 2009, 01:16 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

MOTHERBOARD USB 2.0 CABLE ADAPTER REAR PANEL BRACKET on eBay.ca (item 180354505196 end time 03-Nov-09 03:03:13 EST)
That will work easily, if you have open jumpers on your MB.
Old October 14, 2009, 01:23 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Just curious about it, what are all the things you guys have plugged in by USB? I've never missed usp ports. (I do use the ones from my ccase and my g11...)
mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner, mic, webcam, external HDD, external DVD drive, and a 7 port USB hub that usualy has 3-6 thumbdrives plugged in; that leaves 3 USB ports on my case and however many ports I have free on my hub. yes I have used all of those at once. I dont beleive in having to plug in and unplug things.

I'm sorry july, I couldn't see you behind all that feruary.
Old October 14, 2009, 08:36 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post
mouse, keyboard, printer, scanner, mic, webcam, external HDD, external DVD drive, and a 7 port USB hub that usualy has 3-6 thumbdrives plugged in; that leaves 3 USB ports on my case and however many ports I have free on my hub. yes I have used all of those at once. I dont beleive in having to plug in and unplug things.
LOL, was a time when I thought 3 USB ports was all I'd ever need, now I have 2 on front of case for digital camera and game controller and 6 on back of motherboard and 2 on rear bracket and I still need a hub .
Mouse, keyboard, game controller, digital camera, 2 web cams, 2 flash drives, usb headset, printer/scanner and mp3 player data and charging cable, that's it I think.
Old October 14, 2009, 09:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by bissa View Post

lazy ass !!!