Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Logitech G13, who has one? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/23272-logitech-g13-who-has-one.html)

Skyllz September 18, 2009 07:00 AM

Logitech G13, who has one?

I'm getting tired of my n52te(and it's crappy interface VS the old N52) and i'm starting to look elsewhere. Mainly because of the lack of buttons on the upper rows on each side of the WASD. I was never able to get myself ot use the lower set of buttons while playing FPS, they are too far and un-intuitive to use I find.

So I've looked around the and Logitech seems nice, would match my G15 well also but that's really secondary, I like the extra buttons on each side in the first 2 rows.

How is the key response? they have not been out for long yet but are they solid? Do they last?

Technokat September 18, 2009 10:33 AM

my room mate has one, he seems to like it. I havnt heard him really complain about it, but i will ask him when he comes home.

cdn_Madrach September 18, 2009 11:15 AM

I've had one for a couple months now and like it a lot. Very well built...weighs nearly as much as my entire z-board. Only issue I've had with it is the placement of the space bar/jump key. It's a little too close but I'm used to it now. I find the shape is a little easier on my hand also. I do miss the butterfly keys on the z-board a little. Coming from a z-board I would give it a 4/5 on pretty much everything.

encorp September 18, 2009 11:20 AM

I've got one, I was on the original demo team for the product - key response is great, very similar to that of the G15 keyboard.

steers September 18, 2009 01:19 PM

I was debating whether to get the G13 or the n52te, and I ended up going for the n52te. I was skeptical of the whole keypad idea, having been used to full keyboards for PC gaming, so I figured I would only be wasting $50 as opposed to $85 if I didn't like it. It feels pretty good for games like UT2k4, but the responsiveness of the "space bar" bothers me quite a bit. Seeing this praise for the G13 makes me wonder if I made the right choice :doh:

Squeetard September 18, 2009 02:25 PM

I use the button above the d-pad on my n52te to remap all the keys.

steers September 19, 2009 07:19 PM

I think I'm going to end up taking the n52te back to Canada Computers and getting the G13...

EDIT: The G13 is definitely miles ahead of the n52te in terms of build quality, layout and software. Well worth the extra monies imo.

cdn_Madrach September 21, 2009 05:21 AM

I picked mine up at Ncix on special for $78.

Skyllz September 21, 2009 05:30 AM

Thanks for the comments, sounds like I know what to ask the wife for X-mas then.

I cant buy all I want all the time, she then gets furious at me for not knowing what to buy me sometimes :haha:

encorp September 21, 2009 11:19 PM

I showed this thread to logitech, cause i'm a weasel like that hehehehehehehehe