Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2009, 12:00 AM
Top Prospect

Default I want a new keyboard..

I am currently using a kb i got with my old computer from bestbuy..the very basic ones. Its getting really old (5 years) so im thinking of getting a new one.

I tried the saitek eclipse 2, and I thought it was alright. It had a cheep feel to it. I liked how it was quiet though..i usually game at night and i don't want to disturb others who are sleeping.

One thing to keep in mind is my hands sweat when i play games...Also, I haven't had any problems with "ghosting" or im just not noticing it so i don't know the whole deal with gaming keyboards.

About the price..i have no income atm, so the cheaper the better.
Old July 9, 2009, 03:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I like the logitech G11 personally. I wouldn't use the LCD on the G15/G19 much for it to justify the price difference. The only real problem I have is the size.
Old July 9, 2009, 06:45 AM
Rookie

I use the G11 as well.
Personally, I find all of the bindable keys to be kind of useless while not in game, but other than that it's a great keyboard.

Last edited by Sodium Bromate; July 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old July 9, 2009, 10:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Gaming keyboards are USELESS unless perhaps playing a game with lots of macros like Starcraft or WoW. Other than that, they're not worth it. I've found it best to really go somewhere (Best Buy or Future Shop) to test them all out. Ask your friends and family for opinions and perhaps have a little trial with it. The Microsoft keyboards are very comfortable IMHO.
Old July 9, 2009, 12:10 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Yeah the only game I use G keys with is WoW, but I still think they're worth it if you play that game.
Old July 9, 2009, 04:19 PM
Rookie

I got a G15 and I can't live without the macro keys now. I got them setup for copy and paste, making new tabs in ff, and changing songs on foobar
- 2GB Mushkin HP2
- HX620
- Cooler Master Stacker 810

Old July 9, 2009, 04:43 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

@bigword That's a bit of a waste of a g15 in my opinion at least. Grab uberoptions for any logitech keyboard and use autohotkey, If you want a cheap keyboard with some gaming features, you might want to check out the ocz elixir.

Old July 9, 2009, 05:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use the G keys for all sorts of dumb shit.. like ALT+space+X

woohoo
Old July 10, 2009, 03:26 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
I use the G keys for all sorts of dumb shit.. like ALT+space+X

woohoo
rofl, i use it as my call of duty 4 set-up, i always play this 1 map and i recorded it to run to the same spot everytime and throw nades
Old July 13, 2009, 12:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I purchased a sidewinder X6 and have no regrets. The back light is pretty even and provides adequate lighting (although i could swear that its looking a little dimmer then when i first bought it). Also it has PLENTY of mappable macro buttons for any game that you might need them for. The software is versatile and easy to use so mapping the macros is easy and the keyboard itself also has a few nifty functions. You should check it out, the oly disadvantage is probably the familiarisation period (due to shorter type distances) and a somewhat flimsy feel (compared to my brick of a honeywell keyboard, could drop that thing of a building and it would still survive) :S Oh that and each key makes an audible click when pressed, it shouldn't cause any problems if theres a wall seperating you and the others in your household though.