Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2009, 07:59 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Default Gigabyte GK-K6800 Keyboard Review Comment Thread

Its been a little while since we looked at keyboards and at the end of the day this inexpensive keyboard is pretty decent. It has some flaws but has some nice bells and whistles too. In the end only you can decide if its right for you!

Click here to read our take on it: GB GK-K6800

Hope you enjoy it,
AkG

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 7, 2009, 10:11 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
The reason we say it failed at our marathon gaming session is due to the plastic keys, which when “greased” will become as slick as a Chicago politician!

Thanks for the review! Looks like my kind of keyboard, right down to the double column keys which I've grown accustomed to. It's not exactly my dream keyboard but it seems like an excellent solution for everyday multimedia needs. I'll be looking out for this in NCIX and DC's catalogues.
Old July 7, 2009, 10:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

How is keyboard compare to the OCZ Elixir for typical typing and gaming? Which one do you prefer?
Old July 8, 2009, 07:17 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

For typing the GB has a slight edge. It just has a bit better tactile response, and was easier to use FAST...BUT this could all be just slight variances from one sample to another as both are membrane KBs. YMMV

For gaming its not even close. I still use the OCZ on one of my gaming rigs, whereas this GB is NOT a gaming kb and is ill suited for that task.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 8, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dude, how many more reviews do you have coming out? That's like 4 out of the way in the last week! Damn...keep it going though if you can!

Great review. Just another keyboard to me though.
Old July 8, 2009, 07:43 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

AkG has several more. Partially because he is a well-oiled reviewing machine and partially because there was an editing backlog after my vacation and I am moving to get it taken care of ASAP. Expect one more review this week from AkG. I have dubbed this The Week of AkG.
Old July 8, 2009, 08:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

SKY, you should mail him a giant 24 of Canadian-made beer. He deserves it :P.