Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 3, 2009, 02:04 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Angry Problem with Logitech G25 and Sidewinder X6 on XP Pro SP2 32-bit

Hey guys, just purchased G25 from somebody in another forum, and i was testing it out (bought NFS undercover)

So here's the problem, i installed the included cd in my win7 rc, didnt work, reboot comp and went to my xp, able to set up the buttons and everything. But KEYBOARD doesnt work at all after plugging the g25, reset the computer in xp again, test the keyboard, works fine, then i plug the g25, keyboard seized up, numlocks cant be turned off, etc.
Anybody got this same problem?

Then i went to logitech to download vista 64-bit software and install them in my win7, everything working perfectly fine until i play the game... the 1st gear become 2nd gear and vice versa, but other gears work flawlessly... any suggestions? is the g25 broken or just some software compatibility issue?

PLEASE HELP!! thanks guys!!
Old June 4, 2009, 01:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Which keyboard do you have? Try some different usb ports, hell if it's a plain old keyboard use an adapter and use the old connection (forgot the name :P). Also that seems weird with the gears, make sure the light is on/off when you switch between 6 speed and up/down.
Old June 4, 2009, 06:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
software compatibility issue?
You're on the right track from the sound of it. You did say it worked in Win7 RC? I'd gather that you can remap the buttons within the software you could try that to fix the gear issue.

I agree with the first repsonse try a different USB port.

You could uninstall all the software

This little program will help you identify all your USB devices and remove any that could be potentailly causing a conflict.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview.zip

Install this program to remove any useless registry entries

CCleaner - Downloading...

At a last resort contact logitech and explain your problem they might already have a solution.

Regards,

EE

Last edited by Eagle Eye; June 4, 2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old June 4, 2009, 08:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
Which keyboard do you have? Try some different usb ports, hell if it's a plain old keyboard use an adapter and use the old connection (forgot the name :P). Also that seems weird with the gears, make sure the light is on/off when you switch between 6 speed and up/down.
I have Microsoft Sidewinder X6. U mean I should try to use the PS/2 port? Mine doesnt come with one, so I dont think it will unleash the maximum performance of the keyboard, so I dont know. The thing is, it really bugs the hell out of me that it works in win7 but not in xp. I mean, it does work, but not my keyboard. My only suspicion is that the game profiler for G25 took away the control of the gaming keyboard for some reason. I connected another keyboard and it works fine in XP. Although I tried to play using G25 and still the same problem with the gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
You're on the right track from the sound of it. You did say it worked in Win7 RC? I'd gather that you can remap the buttons within the software you could try that to fix the gear issue.

I agree with the first repsonse try a different USB port.

You could uninstall all the software

This little program will help you identify all your USB devices and remove any that could be potentailly causing a conflict.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usbdeview.zip

Install this program to remove any useless registry entries

CCleaner - Downloading...

At a last resort contact logitech and explain your problem they might already have a solution.

Regards,

EE
I cant remap the gears, it wont allow me or i dont know where to look. I've uninstalled, then install the latest driver from logitech, still the same. The thing is, i connect my G25 using my front USB port as all my USB ports at the back are full already.

Ok i will try to run those programs and let you guys know.

Thanks.