Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Logitech MX Revolution or the MX 1100? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/17136-logitech-mx-revolution-mx-1100-a.html)

AERo April 22, 2009 09:43 AM

Logitech MX Revolution or the MX 1100?

First of the price is no issue, since I'm getting either one of these
at no cost.

From what I heard, MX1100 is basically a redesigned MX Revolution?

I just don't like the fact that MX1100 runs on batteries...
MX docking / recharging looks quite more appealing.

BTW, this is going to be for gaming.
L4D, TF2, etc. (other FPS games)

Jackquelegs April 22, 2009 11:53 PM

If you're using it for gaming. Get neither.

There is a noticeable delay in response, and should be used mainly for desktop use. In addition, the MX has a pretty weak laser that has "meh" tracking. I highly suggest you go for a wired mouse for gaming, like the G5, or Ikari

However if you must buy one of the two, then go for a MX revolution

Realityshift April 23, 2009 05:31 PM

+1 to everything jack said, I had the MX1000 lazer and it was horrible, terrible tracking lag issues, HORRIBLE disconects at the worst times while gaming... Wired is deffinetly the way to go, if you want a wireless gaming mouse take a look at the microsoft X8 or the logitech G7. But an ikari would be the best choice I could recommend for a gaming mouse, but as a G5 user I can honestly say this mouse is very noticiably better then the MX1000 and the MX rev. And I got it for $40 on sale at futureshop.

EDIT: nothing sucks worse then having your mouse run out of battery while your mid way through gaming as well. atleast the G7 has 2 batteries, and the X8 can be wired or wireless I believe. Or maybe that was just the gigabyte mouse...

AERo April 23, 2009 07:50 PM

Logitech owes me a mouse due to RMA issues I had with em.

They offered me one of the following:

-MX1100 (wireless)
-MX revolution (wireless)
-G9 (wired)

I currently have a MX518, G7, and a X8.

Realityshift April 23, 2009 09:17 PM

)k you have those 3 mice but this mouse is going to be used for gaming? I say get the mouse that sells for the most, sell it and use the rest of the cash to get an ikari. G7 and X8 will both destroy the MX1100 and the MX rev, but the G9 isnt a bad mouse if you dont mind that style of grip. I personally hate the MX518 though =(

Andy April 23, 2009 10:29 PM

I have always used a wireless mouse for gaming, so I can't compare it to a proper wired mouse. With that said, I have no issues gaming with my revolution. It is an amazing mouse for everything else as well. Whatever you do don't get one that requires batteries, as you will easily end up spending the difference on batteries, whether they are rechargeable or not.

Jackquelegs April 24, 2009 01:38 AM

I would actually recommend you getting the G9 for gaming, if you can.

gerardb0069 May 22, 2011 05:30 AM

Mx 1100 definitely over mx performance

I purchased the MX Performance mouse because of all the features, and that it was rechargeable. I thought it was everything I wanted in a mouse.

Then I started using it. Yes, everything worked great, but in terms of recharging (though you can do it on the fly), I was plugging it in every week (or less). So while I could just plug it in and keep working, I might as well have been using a corded mouse because I was charging it all the time. This was after having it for only a few weeks so I imagine it would be plugged in all the time within months. So what's the point of having a cordless mouse?

It was returned.

I found an MX 1100 and thought it had pretty much all the features of the Performance, for less money, with no recharging. That said, with the way cordless mice/keyboards these days use batteries, it can be months/years before you have to replace the batteries. I've been using the 1100 for 2 months now and the battery level is still "high". It does do everything the Performance does.

It's an excellent product (logitech doesn't even still list in on the website, which is completely beyond me). I don't do any gaming so I have no issues whatsoever with respect to "lag". It is, beyond a doubt, the best mouse I've ever owned. It fits my hand perfectly.

So ignore all the bulls**t about rechargeable and go with the MX 1100. You will not be disappointed.

Deviant May 22, 2011 07:14 AM

The recharging is a problem. The base/charging loses the ability to charge as it degrades over time. I've also been using an MX 1100 after replacing an MX Rev. Works fine enough to be using it as a web browsing mouse. Take note, it is not a gaming mouse. Inaccurate and choppy movements when you're trying to do fine movements due to the placement of the sensor. But for everyday use as a quality web browsing/office mouse, it's fine.

Jackquelegs May 22, 2011 12:43 PM

Um..I don't know what you were using it for but my MX revolution lasts 1-2 weeks between recharges when I used it every day for school. :doh:

Mind you, that you are comparing a MX mouse a generation newer than the Revolution. It's not really a surprise here that some improvements have been made. :dots: