Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2009, 03:17 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default New mouse?

Currently I have a Razer Diamond back, awesome performance and I like it. Unfortunately it and my hand don't fit just right. Also I have a plastic mouse mad which makes it really sensitive and sometimes the cord pulls the mouse when i let go of it a little. Anyways I've been looking at a few mice. If I were to get a new wired mouse, it'd probably be a G5. As for wireless I have no idea what's out there. I'm looking for a gaming, wireless mouse (oxymoron?) Any recommendations would be appreciated and it'd be ideal if they sell them at Best Buy/ Future shop so I can see how they feel, and then order elsewhere lol.
Old April 19, 2009, 03:31 PM
MVP

My System Specs

There's the new Razer Mamba, it's a wireless and wired gaming mouse at the same time, since it has a cord that you can disconnect. There's also the Microsoft Sidewinder X8, which uses BlueTrack.

Old April 19, 2009, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I believe the G7 comes wireless but its hard to find, I really like my G5, its fairly comfortable and cheap, as for wires I just wrap my slack around a part of my desk a couple of times and leave just enough that I can move my mouse around without the slack pulling it down. The higher end Razer Lachesis is pretty damn comfy if you like the longer mice you can rest your whole hand one =)

EDIT: sidewinder is really un comfortable and feels cheap though =( I wanted one to go with my X6 keyboard but I just didnt like it at all. The steel series Ikari is pretty nice too, would have been my #1 choice if I didnt get the G5 for xmas.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old April 19, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Unfortunately not available at FS,,,,BUT by far the best mouse I have ever owned....awesome fit on my hand!!!

Steelseries Ikari Optical Professional Gaming Mouse - DirectCanada

Old April 19, 2009, 03:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realityshift View Post
EDIT: sidewinder is really un comfortable and feels cheap though =( I wanted one to go with my X6 keyboard but I just didnt like it at all. The steel series Ikari is pretty nice too, would have been my #1 choice if I didnt get the G5 for xmas.
Yeah the X6 mouse looked horribly uncomfortable, especially the placement of the two left side buttons. That's why I went with the Habu, but Habu has its own driver issues. The X8 seems to have changed the left side buttons though so it seems better, although I haven't tried it myself.

Old April 19, 2009, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Unfortunately not available at FS,,,,BUT by far the best mouse I have ever owned....awesome fit on my hand!!!

Steelseries Ikari Optical Professional Gaming Mouse - DirectCanada
Looks very comfortable actually, but looks like it's a lefty mouse?
Old April 19, 2009, 04:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Righty, but usable by both hands, if you look at it your thumb fits in the lowest part of it and your pinky rides that right ledge. their VERY comfortable but id pay for the laser version myself as I like the High DPI mice.

BF BC2: Bishop_SHIFT, Steam: Realityshift84, Xbox Live - SHIFTEDone84 ... Come play.
Old April 19, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Righty, but usable by both hands, if you look at it your thumb fits in the lowest part of it and your pinky rides that right ledge. their VERY comfortable but id pay for the laser version myself as I like the High DPI mice.
Fits the right hand perfectly! As for Laser vs Optical.....considered this when I purchased...now I'm a hardcore FPS gamer..trust me when I say the Optical Mouse is plenty fast enough, I've even had to go as far as to "slow it down" a little at times.....if you want to spend the extra $35...by all means..imo, not necessary.

Old April 19, 2009, 05:15 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

By far the best mouse I've ever used is the Logitech G9. It's a laser mouse designed with gaming in mind. It has adjustable wieghts and palm grips for wide stance and narrow stance, you can find specfics on the web.

I've literally spent a small fortune on finding the right mouse and the G9 is it, totally worth every penny. If your looking for a wireless mouse the G7 is great so is the new offering from Razer. The problem I've found with wireless mice is the lag that can happen if you have alot of wireless in the house. I'm not sure if it was interference from my cordless phones or my wireless home network but I just couldn't get any wireless mice to work in my house. Finding a good mouse is really a personal thing, I have a friend who swears by his new Silverstone Raven mouse but I can't stand it. Your best bet is to go to Futureshop,Bestbuy or Staples and just try all the mice they have on display. Then go home and order one online you'll usually find a better deal on the web.

Good luck!
Old April 19, 2009, 06:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelt View Post
By far the best mouse I've ever used is the Logitech G9. It's a laser mouse designed with gaming in mind. It has adjustable wieghts and palm grips for wide stance and narrow stance, you can find specfics on the web.

I've literally spent a small fortune on finding the right mouse and the G9 is it, totally worth every penny. If your looking for a wireless mouse the G7 is great so is the new offering from Razer. The problem I've found with wireless mice is the lag that can happen if you have alot of wireless in the house. I'm not sure if it was interference from my cordless phones or my wireless home network but I just couldn't get any wireless mice to work in my house. Finding a good mouse is really a personal thing, I have a friend who swears by his new Silverstone Raven mouse but I can't stand it. Your best bet is to go to Futureshop,Bestbuy or Staples and just try all the mice they have on display. Then go home and order one online you'll usually find a better deal on the web.

Good luck!
I have quite a few wireless things so I'm not quite sure how well it will work. I may just go with a G5/9