Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 4, 2009, 11:27 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

No kidding, I don't ever use the 4000 dpi setting on my G9.
Old April 4, 2009, 07:04 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I have owned a lot of mice, i started out years and years ago with an old Inteli Explorer Microsoft mouse, i used it for almost 4 years before i upgraded to a newer version of the Exlporer mouse, the clicker on the new one died on me after about 3 months of use... So that's when i upgraded to my first "gaming" mouse, i bought a Logitech MX518 i thought the mouse was great so great that a year later i upgraded to a Logitech G7.
The G7 was a great improvement IMHO over the MX518 but the battery's wore out very quickly, so i purchased a 2nd Logitech G7 and used it for quite a while.
I always thought the Razer mice were over priced and refused to buy one.
I supported Logitech for years and i always told people to go Logitech, heck even to this day i still tell people to buy Logitech mice, but after i bought my first Razer Lachesis my mind was changed very quickly.
I own 2 Razer Lachesis i bought one and liked it so much i purchased a 2nd one on sale for a great price.
And now being a Mamba owner my impression with Razer has gone up again even more.
I did use 4000dpi on my Lachesis and i do use the 5600dpi on my Mamba, it makes a huge difference. The quality of the Mamba is much higher than the Lachesis but either way its an outstanding mouse. Maybe Razer mice aren't for everybody, i still have my old Logitech mice and i still use them on other computers.
But for gaming the Razer mice do the job so much better for me. Maybe not everybody else, but for me they work the way i want a mouse to work.
Old April 4, 2009, 07:46 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

it comes in a neat box. And it is a neat idea. Just not for me!

Coolermaster ATCS 840 w Window panel
MSI Z77A-GD65
Intel i7 3770K @ 4.6GHZ 1.28v
Galaxy GTX 680 @ 1241MHZ
8GB Mushkin Blackline 1600MHZ 9-9-9-24 1.5v
Asus Xonar Essence STX
OCZ Z-Series GOLD 850W
2 x 128GB Corsair Force GT SATA3 SSD RAID0 :)
Acheiva Shimian Q270 Lite 2560x1440

Benq W500 Pojector.

Watercooling:
EK Supreme HF, EK FC GTX 680 Block, MCR320+Gelid Silent 12 Push/Pull, DD Pump, EK Multioption 100ml Res, EK Coolstream XT 220 RAD Gelid Wings Push/Pull.
Old May 26, 2009, 11:40 AM
Trial Member

Now I know I'm a bit of a fan razer fan boy but in my opinion razer makes the best mice hands down I've had the diamond back, copper head, lachesis and now the mamba. I still have them all and they all work great! now I'll agree with you they aren't the most comfortable things to use if you use a palm grip to hold your mouse but if you use a claw grip they're just great! As for the razer mamba I've got the dpi cranked all the way up to 5600 and I'm loving it. The razer mamba had no real faults for me apart from upgrading the firmware witch was quite a pain. I'll agree with you all 120 us dollars is a bit on the high side I would probably price this thing at 100...