Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 8, 2009, 03:26 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default New SteelSeries WOW Mouse(Died)

I was wondering if anyone else had this mouse and might of had similar problem"s.My son used the mouse for about 10 Minute"s then it just died.Lock"s up his Vista box and mine as well.
Here"s the link::
Partners - SteelSeries
And the product::
Attached Images

Old February 8, 2009, 03:30 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Same day that my Logitech G7 died too... would loose connection. Weird.
Old February 8, 2009, 03:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you can boot into safe mode and see if the problem happens there, if it doesn't than its likely a software issue.

Has this issue ever come up?

Quote:
Q: I have an issue with a ôsticky button" on my World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse, what should I do?

A: Over the course of the past month we've discovered a higher than acceptable return rate on the WoW MMO Gaming mouse. The problems were found within a limited number of manufactured units from the first batch of production.

A process has been established to expedite the replacement of any affected devices in a quick, simple and painless manner - either through the place of purchase or through the SteelSeries website.
Regards,

EE
Old February 8, 2009, 03:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Q: I have an issue with a “sticky button" on my World of Warcraft MMO Gaming Mouse, what should I do?

A: Over the course of the past month we've discovered a higher than acceptable return rate on the WoW MMO Gaming mouse. The problems were found within a limited number of manufactured units from the first batch of production.

A process has been established to expedite the replacement of any affected devices in a quick, simple and painless manner - either through the place of purchase or through the SteelSeries website.
Don't we wish that all manufacturers were as forthcoming as this? Not only do they publicly admit that there is an issue, they've set up a process to deal with it as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Everybody has an off day (or a bad product). How it is dealt with makes or breaks a companies reputation.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old February 9, 2009, 12:46 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

They were Sold out of the WOW mouse so they graciously exchanged it for the IKARI.Not as good but he"s happy never the less.

Old February 9, 2009, 02:28 PM

I like the Ikari better than the WoW mouse personally. It tracks like a dream.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647
Old February 9, 2009, 02:54 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I like the Ikari better than the WoW mouse personally. It tracks like a dream.
Yeh I here yaa I read on the box it"s like 40,000 sample"s per second.Geeez and I thought my MX Revolution was quick.

Old February 9, 2009, 08:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Pfft, G5 mice FTW!
Old February 10, 2009, 12:13 AM

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Pfft, G5 mice FTW!
That is what you say now. Wait till you actually try an Ikari Laser. My G5 now sits in my closet as a spare. The Ikari is the most comfortable mouse I've used. And having the mouse configuration set at a hardware level (saves settings directly to the mouse) no need for drivers after that, is such a great idea.

best. mouse. ever.

I have heard good things about the WOW mouse generally. It has an insane number of buttons for macros. But for a non-MMO mouse I would definitely not buy it.
Old June 5, 2009, 12:19 AM
Trial Member

Default gah

I just received my SS Wo.W mouse and i am having some issues with it.
I had one on order for 6 months up here in Canada, but found it on a shelf in the states over the weekend.

I'd read the poor reviews, but wanted to satisfy my curiosity after all this time, so I disposed of some disposable income and picked one up.

For starters my buttons feel like they're made out of cheap ass plastic, as in really cheap ass for the $ i paid..WTF?!?

It gives me the tingles in my fingers and i thought i had a major issue with RSI after playing for 5 hours straight but no, apparantly it's some issue where there's electricity being leaked out onto the chasis. I want to return mine but their tech support hasn't gotten back to me. So much for money well spent.

I think im going to hit up a G5 or the mamba, which is kinda too expensive. there's even a bunch of guys suing blizzard for it.. petitiononline.com/wowmouse

seems like there's so much complaints about the mouse in every forum i searched for. wtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Eye View Post
If you can boot into safe mode and see if the problem happens there, if it doesn't than its likely a software issue.

Has this issue ever come up?

Regards,

EE