Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 22, 2009, 10:57 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Can it be done: switch mouse DPI from a keyboard hotkey?

I asked this on the NCIX forum as well, but I wanted to ask here too since not everyone camps the forums of a store .

So I own two mice: a MicroSoft Habu (featuring Razer tech), and a Razer DeathAdder. They're basically the same shape but one is laser and the other is optical.

I want to use the DeathAdder but what keeps me using my Habu is the two buttons right below the mouse wheel that act as DPI-switch buttons (up and down).

The DeathAdder lacks these two buttons and I'm sure as hell not going to sacrifice my side-buttons for it (for me: voice comm and crouch). So what I want to know is if there's a way to use something else - anything else - as a hotkey for my DPI-up and DPI-down?

The only other option I can think of is to make a profile that uses the mouse wheel for it, since I find it too cumbersome to reliably switch weapons with it.

Any ideas? :help: