Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Peripherals (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/)
-   -   Logitech Slim Illuminated (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/peripherals/13475-logitech-slim-illuminated.html)

Cptn Vortex January 3, 2009 05:56 PM

Logitech Slim Illuminated

I thought I would mention I just got the mentioned keyboard, and it is fantastic for anyone thinking of getting it. Definitely worth it. Much brighter and feels better than the Lycosa from Razer. Its quite nice! NCIX.com - Buy Logitech Illuminated Keyboard - 920-001259 In Canada.

sswilson January 3, 2009 06:00 PM

Have you done a lot of typing on it yet? It says it's got a longer throw than normal, how would you describe it? (Similar to the old(er) IBM AT keyboards?).

Looks nice enough. :)

joeperson January 3, 2009 09:36 PM

Picked the keyboard up over Christmas. You can nit pick it a little but it's great to type if you're used to notebooks. Frees up space on your desktop too.

Cptn Vortex January 4, 2009 01:26 AM

It is silent. I wouldnt go as far as a definitive click however. It feels surprisingly like a Thinkpad notebook keyboard, which is a good thing. The keys are almost identical to my Thinkpad keyboard. Very well lit too, so you can clearly see the lettering even in the day, which was actually an issue with my old Lycosa. I did however notice the lack of a scroll/lock button, which kinda hinders my KVM use... It falls back to Numlock activation, but then it messes up numlock...lol

joeperson January 4, 2009 05:23 PM

The "Page | Break" key is scroll lock, right beside print screen.

MacJunky January 4, 2009 07:37 PM

Is there a model without that massive wrist rest thingy tacked onto it like that?
I would normally be interested in buying it but that is a deal breaker for me. :/

Thund3rball January 4, 2009 09:36 PM

This KB is VERY nice, but ouch ... $82 for a KB!?! :shok:

Cptn Vortex January 5, 2009 12:22 AM

Yea kinda costly.... but I had $20 leftover on a rewards card, and needed to spend it.

The wrist rest is actually quite nice. Before, I was using the everglide aluminum keyboard, but it was too tall, so I had to use the gel rest from my razer exactpad, which worked fine. Now with the stock wrist rest I can type in simple comfort. It just kind flows down into the desk surface anyway.

sswilson January 5, 2009 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thund3rball (Post 134629)
This KB is VERY nice, but ouch ... $82 for a KB!?! :shok:

Just like your first scroll mouse.... once you've owned a quality keyboard there's no going back...... :)

Makes sense though.... our entire computing experience is done through the keyboard and mouse.... just like a quality set of speakers, if they're sub quality, the whole experience is going to be sub quality.

Nodscene January 5, 2009 04:42 AM

I'm glad someone has posted about this keyboard. I've been eyeing this one for a bit, good to hear people are liking it.