Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 5, 2008, 04:45 PM
Banned

Default Does The Razer DeathAdder Have a Control for it's Light

Well as the title sugest I have been looking at geting the Razer DeathAdder but I am getting some conflicting results. Does it or does it not have some control to turn of the flashing blue logo on it? Some rivews say it do some say it dont. I like the mouse but I think the blue logo would drive me nuts so I was wondering if I can control it
Thanks
Old December 5, 2008, 04:49 PM
MVP
F@H

I have the Razer Lachasis, I am pretty sure I can adjst its light... But to be honest after a few days I did not even notice it anymore.

Great mouse.
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g

Old December 6, 2008, 09:22 PM
F@H

My System Specs

The latest driver/firmware does have the option. And you don't even see the logo with your hand on the mouse so I don't see what the problem is. It's mesmerizing at times too.

Oh and if you have a 64bit OS, make sure you have a 32bit OS to flash the firmware.
Old December 7, 2008, 06:40 PM
MVP
F@H

sup bud. yes it does in its driver software - i have it and it's one mighty mouse.. but to be honest the light isn't TOO bright, and u cover it with your palm anyways. i leave mine on!
take it easy.
Old December 28, 2008, 08:04 AM
Allstar
F@H

Just bought the lachesis mouse ! How do i get the right mouse button to open a file ? i right click and it dosnt do any thing ?
Also any other things i should know?

Last edited by WolfBane; December 28, 2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old December 28, 2008, 08:29 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The mouse should work straight out of the box like any other mouse. The drivers allow you to make advanced customizations if you install them (i.e. dpi, acceleration, polling etc..)

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old December 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

Ok got the right mouse button corrected (never touch things till you read directions lol) reset mouse and button worked lol , one other ? what is polling?
Old December 30, 2008, 12:55 AM
Top Prospect

Polling refers to the USB polling rate. The number of data samples per second taken. Standard USB polling rate is 125mhz.

The razer driver allows you to overclock the polling rate to either 500Mhz or 1000Mhz
Basically the mouse input feels a little more smoother.

Biggest disaster in razer mouse history = Lachesis
Basically razer released a buggy beta mouse to the public that yet to this day has resolved many of it's problems, and I mean serious problems.

Death Adder = one of the best mouses ever made by razer (bascially they licenced the "MS Intelli mouse shape" from MS and then incorporated there own IP, thus becoming the Deathadder. Deathadder was made for LOW SENSITIVITY PLAYERS, but it's still a decent mouse for mid Sense Players.

Last edited by Nightingale; December 30, 2008 at 01:08 AM.