Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2007, 07:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No- I kept mine simply because I'm used to the cruddy scroll click now- If I was a very serious gamer, I would have probably swapped- Assigning another button is a good solution, but wiithout the forward thumb-button, your options are limited.
Old June 28, 2007, 02:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

In regards to the weights, I wish I had them on my current mouse. I noticed a big difference when I switched from my logitech cordless mouse which used 2 AA batteries to my MX-518. It didn't feel right in my hand and after 5 months, it still doesn't feel right. I'm almost tempted to dismantle my mouse to see if I can stack some dimes or pennies in there. Just my $0.02.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old June 28, 2007, 06:05 PM
Rookie

that's good to hear, that you somehow made your peace with them. I ended up returning mine today even at the 20% re-stocking fee... I just couldn't stand the fact that i had no middle button!!! which I use in almost all application. I am currently looking at MX revolution (Logitech still, they do make the best mice) which I test drove earlier today at the local shop and frigging loved it!!
Old August 5, 2007, 08:39 AM
MVP
F@H

I have the original G5 as well and I agree that the only thing keeping this from being a perfect mouse is that cursed scroll wheel. You have to be very precise in how you click the wheel. Otherwise it just scrolls instead. It's very annoying when I'm doing a lot of web browsing as I use lots of tabs and the middle button opens a link in a new tab. Often times I find myself missing the link and scrolling instead because I didn't click the wheel in a precise enough manner.

WC Loop: D-Tek Fuzion V2 // Danger Den Maze 5 // Swiftech MCP655 // Swiftech MicroRes // Thermochill PA 120.2 + 4 x Noctua NF-P12
Old August 7, 2007, 10:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I have a G7, which is the wireless G5, and I love it. I don't miss the page foward key at all. Guess that's just a personal use/taste issue. The weight are the same. Personal preferences prevail. I will never in a million years buy another wired mouse, too much of a headache keeping it untangled. Again, personal preference. See where I am going with this? I'm just happy they keep these things easily customized and feature packed.