Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 9, 2008, 02:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Buyers beware... Nostromo N52te(the new blue one...)

This thing is CRAP!!!!!!

It's nothing like my old n52(RIP) was. they changed the macro interface, it's not even working properly anymore, there is firmware issues, the macros work... sometimes, they tend to hang up and stop working whenever they feel like it...

The only positive thing about it is that the new buttons are definitly nice. That's it. I cant care less about the blue leds if the rest does'nt work properly.

That being said, it's going back in it's box and going back to the source for refund tomorrow.

I'll be shopping for an older n52 in stock somewhere and if I find a stash i'll buy them all.
Old November 9, 2008, 02:49 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

I've had one for 4 months now, no problems at all. Hundreds of hours and a dozen different games.
Old November 9, 2008, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A bit OT, but I never thought of using a key‚d for FPS. is it better?

Back up - Ebay (Inik1) or Heatware
Old November 9, 2008, 04:35 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Best gaming input device ever. So comfy and quick.

My setup. Standard WASD with tab caps shift ctrl on left. Space bar below thumb. Thumb D-Pad is programmed for numbers 1-8, instant weapon select. Button above the d-pad swaps to the second entire set of commands for each key. I have ESC, tilde and F1-F12 on those. The scroll wheel between the d-pad and keys I have set as pg up pg dn so it acts like a second mouse wheel for change spell/grenade type etc.

Playing FPS, RPG or even RTS like WIC I never have to touch the keyboard or move my hand. the TE has on board memory too so all your commands are saved, you can plug it into any other comp or boot to another OS and your config is there.

I've used the claw, all manner of so-called gamer keyboards and this thing kicks their asses hands down.

Edit: 2 faults. The thumb space bar should be right under the d-pad instead of in towards your palm and the blue/red/green leds under that are way too bright.
Old November 9, 2008, 04:41 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Skyllz, maybe you got a bum one? Try an exchange first. I've played it so much it's like an extension of my hand and zero issues with it.
Old November 9, 2008, 07:11 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I've been playing for 3 years with an original N52. I cant play FPS or MMORPGs without one... It's second nature now.

I run many macros directly from the device for World of Warcraft among other games I play and in 2 hours of setting up/gaming this has been only frustration after problem after glitches.

Are you running straight keys or you are unning macros also? Straight keys ran fine but the macros are really hit and miss, they will jam and stop in the middle, the "repeat when pressed" will crap out after 3-4 seconds, things like that that I never had issues with the original N52...

I found that those issues are known on the n52te forums and I wish I knew about those before buying.
Old November 9, 2008, 07:54 PM
Allstar

I sold my old N-52 awhile ago for $50 & buddy was more than happy to have his broken one replaced at any cost practically. I used to use mine for UT but once I got into BF2 & got a Zboard I didn't use the Nostromo anymore. The new blue looks cool though but appearances can be deceiving eh? heh
Old November 9, 2008, 08:12 PM
"Quote This..."
F@H

No macros at all here. Just that setup I outlined for all my games.
Old November 9, 2008, 09:08 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Well if anyone wants my N52, shoot me a PM. I felt that certain keys were "sticky" and it PO'd me enough that it now lives in a box.

Old November 10, 2008, 07:28 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeetard View Post
No macros at all here. Just that setup I outlined for all my games.
That explains it...

I may try to change my macro programming to try it differently.

I really like the new ergos on the remote/buttons but hate the software :( I wish there would have been a way to use the old one.