Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2008, 07:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Default Lexmark X4975

I know, it's a new product, but no harm in asking if anybody has one yet.

I have had Lexmark in the past and it was fine, but I haven't bought any of their recent stuff so if anybody has a fairly new Lexmark printer, how is it?

The X4975 has a duplexer and WiFi along with the usual all-in-one capabilities and it's only $80 at Staples yet the MSRP is like $180 and well the ink in my Brother MFC420CN is running low so I'm thinking about getting a new printer instead.

They also sell high yeild cartridges for it too which apparently print twice as many pages so that should be helpful too. $20 for black and $30 for colour.

So any reason why not to get this? I basically just need networking capability, though auto-document-feeder, duplexer and affordable high-yeild cartrdiges are major bonuses.

Here's a link: Lexmark X4975 Professional -- Lexmark United States If you want to browse over the specs.
Old November 9, 2008, 01:31 AM
Allstar

They've been selling well and we haven't seen any come back, which is surprising for an inkjet printer. Seems pretty good, especially for the money, but I haven't used it, personally. The high yield cartridges are decently-priced as well (at least, for ink).

BTW, it's about $30 per cartridge for the high-yield units.
Old November 9, 2008, 12:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
They've been selling well and we haven't seen any come back, which is surprising for an inkjet printer. Seems pretty good, especially for the money, but I haven't used it, personally. The high yield cartridges are decently-priced as well (at least, for ink).

BTW, it's about $30 per cartridge for the high-yield units.
I guess you work at Staples?

Anyways that's good to know that nobody has been returning them. I heard those Kodak ones were horrid.

$30 is still reasonable IMO, I was just using the USD pricing from Lexmark since I couldn't seem to find the cartridges on Staples.
Old November 10, 2008, 05:59 PM
Allstar

Oh, the Kodak ones are god awful ...

Those and the Samsung colour lasers have ridiculously high failure rates ...
Old November 25, 2008, 08:43 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well I went to Staples last week and they didn't have any and the people working were total retards. I don't think the guy could even read the inventory number properly off the computer cause the number he looked at said nothing about stock beside it...

Gotta love the holiday season, all these stupid people working in stores

Just bought more ink for my current printer but once it runs out, I'll just order this Lexmark online I guess.