Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Peripherals

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 19, 2008, 10:27 AM
Rookie

Question Need a new keyboard and mouse for my rig!

Hi there guys i would like know whish wireless duo (keyboard and mouse) you would recommend me for gaming.

I know that wireless i not good for playing games but im so tired of the mess of cable that i have so any recomandation would be apriciated.

Thanks

mazabe
Old October 19, 2008, 10:29 AM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I would probably say get the Logitech MX5000/MX5500 Wireless bluetooth combo. I've had one for years and it's still working fine, even for gaming it's not that bad. And the MX5500 has the Laser bluetooth mouse included as well.
Old October 19, 2008, 10:40 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I can't speak for wireless keyboards, but pickup a Logitech G7 if you want a good wireless gaming mouse.

Its 2000dpi and a great wireless mouse.

I don't believe they bundle it with any keyboards though.
Old October 19, 2008, 10:44 AM
Rookie

Hum those keyboard are a little pricey got a another suggestion?
Old October 19, 2008, 10:48 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazabe View Post
Hum those keyboard are a little pricey got a another suggestion?
Future Shop

Check that link out, sort it by pricing. And see if anything catches your eye.
Old October 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
Banned

I would get the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX3200 it is cheaper then MX5000 and gives the same performance with out some of the unessary features, you still get your programable keys and all that tho...just no bluetooth; it is laser based. I have the MX3200 and I find it great for gaming hade it 2+ years and it keeps on going. Defently worth checking it out
Old October 19, 2008, 12:50 PM
Rookie

Well guys i am grateful for your help but i still got some worries, appenrantly the Logitech MX 3200 has this problem go read it here:NCIX.com - Canada's Premier Computer Store - Great Technology, Service and Selection..

And also would like to know how is reliable the bluetooth technology compare to wirelless.

Thanks
Old October 19, 2008, 02:00 PM
Rookie

Oh by the way sorry for the double post but currently im using the Logitech LX 700 combo and from what i read is not a significant upgrade from the Logitech MX 3200.
Old October 19, 2008, 06:16 PM
Banned

I dont have that problem out-lined in you link and I have been using it for 2+ years the guy mabie just hade a defictive one or someting

Quote:
Logitech LX 700 combo and from what i read is not a significant upgrade from the Logitech MX 3200.
Well this could be true keep in mind not much you can upgrade on a wireless mid range keybord IF you want the big upgrades you beter dish out the big bucks it basicly is that simple.

Wired keybords like the Razer Lycosa or G15 are the way to go for gaming (just my 2 cents)
Old October 20, 2008, 12:14 PM
Rookie

Well Gameplaywarrior i got just one more thing to ask if you were to consider these item: the Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard and the OCZ Alchemy Elixir Gaming Keyboard whit the Logitech G7 gaming mouse whish of these two keyboard you would choose?

By the way the G15 is not bad but its too big for my desk and frankly i found it too complicated too use (too many options that i dont need).

Oh and also the MX 5500 combo its not bad also but dosent look like comfortable (i like to keep thing simple).

And i would to like to ad that its funny that logitech hasent made a wireless keyboard for gaming to accompany his G7 mouse (just my 2 cents).