Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 7, 2008, 06:56 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwayne View Post
Do you think folding both CPU and GPU client running will put some stress on the system for a good test? I have them both running and the CPU usage is 85% - 100% on both cores.

I plan on letting it run all night, but I would run Prime95 to prove the system instead. Just not sure if folding will be enough stress.

Thanks in advance!
Folding creates stresses that other softwares don't reproduce. It's simply a program amongst others that I use for stability.
Old September 7, 2008, 07:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here's something weird. My system was over 2 hours OCCT stable last night, turned it off, forgot if I saved the BIOS settings or not so I lowered the vcore by one notch, 1 hour stable, so it's not enough. Go into BIOS, raise the vcore a notch. Still not stable. Raise the vcore again, OCCT failed within 10 minutes. How the hell did that happen?

Is OCCT that reliable....? >.<
Old September 7, 2008, 07:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

That's good to know. I ran OCCT for 2 hours while I browsed and it ran clean. That was after I ran an hour of Prime95. I ran an hour or so of WoW and it was stable too. It is not a real aggressive OC from what I have seen from others, but it is good enough for me for now.
Tablet - Asus eee Transformer
Wife's Rig - Lenovo Laptop