Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 31, 2008, 08:58 PM
Allstar
F@H

Yessir lol So i am starting to understand the oc settings in my bios and how they react to what i manually set them at lol let me tell ya tho i have had a alot of not even booting up or boot to windows to restart the system on its own lol what a pain :)
Old August 31, 2008, 09:05 PM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

That's learning the game, Dave... take your time, and make sure you understand the change when you modify a setting.
Old August 31, 2008, 09:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
That's learning the game, Dave... take your time, and make sure you understand the change when you modify a setting.
I keep a handwritten log of the changes I make, If you need to do a CMOS reset then you know where you were when things went bad. Also try not change multiple values in your bios at one time, makes things easier and clearer IMO.

Also F@H is the final test of stability IMO if you pass 5-6 workunits your good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old August 31, 2008, 10:08 PM
Allstar
F@H

Ok OCCT just rebooted my system at exactly 2 hours !!! Is this Correct or should iyt not have rebooted my system?
and if its saying i am not stable what would i change?
Old September 1, 2008, 12:06 AM
Top Prospect

Well OCCT would have saved some logs but more importantly plots of the run. Normally you can find these in "My Documents" in an OCCT folder and you can assess your run.

Did you shut the system down or did the OCCT? If OCCT has rebooted the system this often means a failed OC (basically a BSOD). Have a look at an example of a failed run I had. In this case I think my vDroop was to great and BSOD. I estimate that the vCore Ripple was .05 or greater and system hung.

What you have to change will depend on the output from OCCT and or other apps. You really want to make sure that in OCCT monitoring settings that vCore is selected as this will highlight the extent of vDroop during a run and one of the common causes for an OC BSOD. You can also look at the temps etc to make sure you arent getting to hot.
Attached Images

Last edited by Boldeagle; September 1, 2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old September 1, 2008, 12:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

Holy crap thats some serious vdroop..

Go into your bios and set that manually to 1.4 or 1.42
Old September 1, 2008, 12:19 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Holy crap thats some serious vdroop..

Go into your bios and set that manually to 1.4 or 1.42
It is pretty nasty I agree, still working on some things before that as I have had similar vDroop with 1.4 but increased temps (65+C load) and similar BSOD, the CPU has a VID:1.325. There is a vDroop mod for the P5WDH but I'm awaiting to see some more results before I do it.
Old September 1, 2008, 12:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldeagle View Post
It is pretty nasty I agree, still working on some things before that as I have had similar vDroop with 1.4 but increased temps (65+C load) and similar BSOD, the CPU has a VID:1.325. There is a vDroop mod for the P5WDH but I'm awaiting to see some more results before I do it.
Honestly I'm going to say that the board you have is seriously hampering your overclock.

Time to upgrade.
Old September 1, 2008, 12:37 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Honestly I'm going to say that the board you have is seriously hampering your overclock.

Time to upgrade.
I'm hearing you but I'm currently looking for work and the missus wont let me get one till I have a job again even though we have a nice chunk of money in the bank. Then I'm looking at the Biostar I45.
Old September 1, 2008, 01:42 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Well when you do get working get the Biostar I45. its good that you have money in the bank keep it that way. Wait till your working.