Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/)
-   -   Mushkin Ascent 8000(100mhz) and E8400 (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/overclocking-tweaking-benchmarking/9680-mushkin-ascent-8000-100mhz-e8400.html)

mattlef August 27, 2008 08:34 PM

Mushkin Ascent 8000(1000mhz) and E8400
 
2 Attachment(s)
Hey guys,

I'm workin on OC'ing my E8400 and got it at 4.0, at what seems to be stable temps (orthos test as I type)

But I'm wondering about the FB Strap, it will only post at 333mhz, at close to 1000mhz mem clock.

I'm using the Asus P5Q-E.... and here are my CPU-Z info.

-edit-
Orthos failed, so I upped the voltage a bit to 1.40V

I'm running the same FSB and Strap... but I want 1:1 but still havnt figured this bios out yet.

Dashock August 27, 2008 08:40 PM

Hey was your kit red or black i got a black kit even though it says Redline ?

mattlef August 27, 2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 83808)
Hey was your kit red or black i got a black kit even though it says Redline ?

They were black, but I didnt get the "Redline Ascents" I just got the original pc2-8000 Ascents.

Dashock August 27, 2008 08:48 PM

lol bro the 8000 ascents are the redline one check the box XP2-8000 Redline thats what it says on mine.

mattlef August 27, 2008 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dashock (Post 83810)
lol bro the 8000 ascents are the redline one check the box XP2-8000 Redline thats what it says on mine.

Nope, checked, they where the "Mushkin Ascent PC2-8000"

SugarJ August 27, 2008 08:52 PM

You should be able to change the DRAM multiplier in the bios. Right now it's set to 1.2:1 or 6:5 although it might say 2.4. IE your running at DDR2-1068 which is 2.4 times your FSB. If it says 2.4, change it to 2.0 and your mem speed becomes the same as your FSB. Working from my memory the last time I worked on OC'ing an ASUS board about 10 months ago.

Dashock August 27, 2008 08:55 PM

yea bro check the mushkin website our kit is supposed to come with red heatsink and theres a sticker on the back bottom left which says the redline.

mattlef August 27, 2008 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SugarJ (Post 83812)
You should be able to change the DRAM multiplier in the bios. Right now it's set to 1.2:1 or 6:5 although it might say 2.4. IE your running at DDR2-1068 which is 2.4 times your FSB. If it says 2.4, change it to 2.0 and your mem speed becomes the same as your FSB. Working from my memory the last time I worked on OC'ing an ASUS board about 10 months ago.


I was looking for the Ram multiplyer, but there doesnt seem to be that option.... which is very weird...
I'm at a loss... the voltage change has made the system more stable but I want to tighten up the ram timings :S...

Dashock August 27, 2008 09:00 PM

Btw Matt does your multiplier jump down from 9 to 6? im trying to figure out how to take of that Intel speedstep i have update my bios to 1003

enaberif August 27, 2008 09:00 PM

what board are you using?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM.