Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2008, 06:41 AM
Top Prospect

Default Best monitoring app for "over-time"

Just wondering what the OC'ers and Benchers like for the monitoring software. Previously I used EVEREST for "observational" monitoring, but with the 4850 I found Vid wasn't recognised (have to upgrade). Although EVEREST is very good for coarse observations of temps, it doesn't create a "log" (graphed or un-graphed is fine) over time. So I only get a snapshot of the system"then". HWMonitor will give me mins/avg/max but no "log", for plotting over time and doesn't recognise the 4850. GPU-z will give me a scrolling bar but sample period is to short and can't "reflect" back. OCCT does an excellent job of "logging" over time and produces excellent graphs, but doesn't monitor the Video Card and I am not sure of the "Custom Voltage" variables (VIN0, VIN1.....etc etc)

So I'm looking for a logging app that will generate data (or graphs) for CPU, MOBO and GPU, temps/volts/fans.....etc etc.

Does anyone recommend anything, open source rocks.

Last edited by Boldeagle; July 30, 2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old July 30, 2008, 06:56 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boldeagle View Post
Just wondering what the OC'ers and Benchers like for the monitoring software. Previously I used EVEREST for "observational" monitoring, but with the 4850 I found Vid wasn't recognised (have to upgrade). Although EVEREST is very good for coarse observations of temps, it doesn't create a "log" (graphed or un-graphed is fine) over time. So I only get a snapshot of the system"then". HWMonitor will give me mins/avg/max but no "log", for plotting over time and doesn't recognise the 4850. GPU-z will give me a scrolling bar but sample period is to short and can't "reflect" back. OCCT does an excellent job of "logging" over time and produces excellent graphs, but doesn't monitor the Video Card and I am not sure of the "Custom Voltage" variables (VIN0, VIN1.....etc etc)

So I'm looking for a logging app that will generate data (or graphs) for CPU and GPU, temps/volts/fans.....etc etc.

Does anyone recommend anything, open source rocks.
Sorry BE...i use HWMonitor..i don't really care for logging. BTW, HWMonitor recognizes my 4850..maybe you need to update version. I use v1.09. GL finding the app you're looking for.
Old July 30, 2008, 07:48 AM
Top Prospect

I'm using v1.10 I think it is my mobo drivers or Windbond chip, and GPU.....naaaddddaaa