Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9, 2008, 11:57 PM
Allstar

Default Help with OC'ing old school style

I really wanna bring my trusty machine up to date. But as you can see in the picture, im kinda of set in my ways and quite conservative.
Can anyone tell me how to get the 7.1 audio up?
I would also like to run two monitors.
Oh yea, before I forget, I want voice recognition software to run on my baby
Attached Images

Old July 10, 2008, 12:11 AM
Allstar

Sooo, the young fellers over at geekSquad came over for a formal sit down. Apparently they said I had a bug in my computer, Apparently I had a cockroach in their somewhere!
But, after a long weekend and some Whiskey, we got it al nailed out. I turned my old run down machine into this with jsut a few case mods, neato wiring, and a whole pile of newfangled gadgets ive never heard of or actuallty used!
now to baseline this new RIG, as you yunguns call em these days. I think im gonna own you all in pong!
Attached Images

Old July 10, 2008, 09:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

haha that first pic is great!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old July 10, 2008, 09:38 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

You must have more money than sense. Every one knows home computers are a foolish idea. The world will only need four or five computers tops!
Old July 14, 2008, 09:57 PM
Allstar

Well, money IS no oject. Ive got to have AT LEAST a monochrome display, and 10 FPS during Pong MP
Old July 14, 2008, 10:00 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

10 FPS during Pong, WOW that's smokin'. Do you have the graphics cranked on Ultra High?

Next Build: E5200 @ 3.6GHz (333x11) | Xigmatek HDT-RS1283 HSF | Biostar TP43D2-A7 | Mushkin Redlines DDR2-1000 @ DDR2-999 5-5-5-12
EVGA 9600 GT 512MB - 650MHz - 1800MHz - 1626MHz | Seagate 'Cuda 250GB 7200rpm SATA2 | Corsair VX550 | CM690 - Custom Atomic Orange Pearl

[Heatware]
[eBay]
[Rosetta]
BALISTX.com
Old July 14, 2008, 11:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yes, with -5000 AA!!!
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old July 15, 2008, 04:33 PM
Allstar

Well, of coz, my graphics are all top notch, they are dual MDA, for you that arent the 'in crowd' Its the MDA, monochrome dispaly adapter ya know!
And my sound card is the latest and greatest British tube amp technology RAWR. And the CPU is a modded PDP-7 mainboard RAWR:xD
THank yous and peace as they say these days! Crunch on
Old July 15, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Meeehh that nothing, I got 64k of ram. Only 400 $

Sold hardware again.....
Currently using WHS hardware....
Old July 20, 2008, 01:34 PM
Allstar

I finally got my new video card in the mail today! It is bout the fastest most powerfull video card ever made. Dont drool over your keyboard as you look at my ram in my card! Yeppers, look at my UPGRADEABLE card

!
Attached Images