Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 1, 2006, 05:19 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Default S&M Stress Test Program

Not sure if anyone else has tried this but I found a new stresstest program called S&M. S&M is a pretty efficient CPU stress-test, which also includes memory tests.

Apparently it runs the CPU up to 10 degrees celcius hotter than Prim95. Through my own testing it seems to find faults with hardware much faster than Prime95, usually within 5min.

Here is the link to the Homepage:

http://www.testmem.nm.ru/

Here is the link to the Download:

http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/fclick/fclick.php?fid=301

The Homepage is in Russian so if anyone has a manual/FAQ or any other info on this program in English, a link would be much appreciated.
Old November 5, 2006, 12:24 AM
Misoprostol

I can vouch for this running your CPU hotter than Orthos. I may actually start using this to stress test my machine. I want the RMA department at my work to play around with it a little more first and tell me what they think of it though.
Old November 13, 2006, 06:05 PM
Rookie

Might want to give OCCT a try as well. I found it to be quite useful in troubleshooting a past AMD overclock as it tended to bring my pc to it's knees far faster than Prime or any other util I tried at the time.

Old November 13, 2006, 06:31 PM
Administrator
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Might want to give OCCT a try as well. I found it to be quite useful in troubleshooting a past AMD overclock as it tended to bring my pc to it's knees far faster than Prime or any other util I tried at the time.
Thanks for the link Drew.;) I'll try it out tomorrow and then add it to the list of "Troubleshooting Essentials" we are compiling.
Old July 6, 2012, 07:55 AM
Trial Member

I too am trying to gather up new and efficient stress testing tools for our RMA department.

So far,

3D mark ( video card )
OCCT ( CPI & MEMORY )
Barts Tools ( Hard drive )

im trying S&M, looks like its working good.

Also using this " stresslinux " looks promising
Old July 6, 2012, 07:58 AM
F@H

My System Specs

THis gets the record to date.
6 Year Thread Ressurection.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old July 6, 2012, 08:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Old July 6, 2012, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

S&M is so 6 years ago. I prefer B&D
Old July 6, 2012, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
THis gets the record to date.
6 Year Thread Ressurection.

-ST
LMAO was wondering WTF when I got a subscribed email to this thread.......... IDK why I was subbed since I didnt post in it, or it was a deleted post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 6, 2012, 10:37 AM
F@H

My System Specs

If you look at the date, this is literally one of the first threads that was opened on the forums. What was the start date? Oct?

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP