Go Back   Hardware Canucks > PC BUILDERS & TWEAKERS CORNER > Overclocking, Tweaking and Benchmarking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 6, 2007, 11:12 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Well..... not only does he have a kickass cpu.... he's also running 2 OC'd 1900's in crossfire........

That might have something to do with it.... :)

How's the OC treating you?

Tried to push it any further?
With stock cooling under load its runs low to mid 40 c.So going further requires better cooling , at the moment I'm unconvinced that the comp as a whole is worth poring more cash into.Guess I just got a new office computer cause it sure isn't up to the level of gaming performance I want.Sure pisses me off that expensive hardware goes obsolete so fast.

Last edited by Jim; April 7, 2007 at 12:12 AM.
Old April 7, 2007, 12:11 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
With stock cooling under load its runs low to mid 40 c.So going further requires better cooling , at the moment I'm unconvinced that the comp as a whole is worth poring more cash into.Guess I just got a new office computer cause it sure isn't up to the level of gaming performance I want.Sure pisses me off that expensive hardware goes obsolete so fast.
I find that new improved hardware is usually released every 4 to 6 months:( That's why those who need to have the fastest right now buy all of their parts at once cause if you buy it 1 part at a time by the time you buy the last part the first one already has a new faster one released:( (hmm... I think that made sense lol)
Silverstone Strider 1kw modular
4870x2
Ocz Vendetta 2
Top deck Tech Station
Samsung dvd
Old April 7, 2007, 04:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_Madrach View Post
I find that new improved hardware is usually released every 4 to 6 months:( That's why those who need to have the fastest right now buy all of their parts at once cause if you buy it 1 part at a time by the time you buy the last part the first one already has a new faster one released:( (hmm... I think that made sense lol)
Yea it did,thats good advice.